• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

LaCanfora asks evaluators about Pickett...

Mr. Scot

To be honest half the issues people have with Pickett isn’t his fault but Rhule’s. He whiffed so hard with Teddy and then Darnold that Pickett get dragged down. Not saying Pickett is worth picking at #6 but if we didn’t have a lame duck coach like Rhule peoples perceptions would be a lot different.

48 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

At the very least, it does sound as if it's consensus that he is the best of the class. I've read that a couple places already as well. I think 6 is a reach but from the scouts it sounds like it's not a massive reach, as in a whole round?

He is the Baker Mayfield of this draft while Malik Willis is the Josh Allen.

I keep getting Jimmy Pickles flash backs reading all of this stuff about Kenny Pickett. Their scout evaluations are so damn similar and that’s without even getting into the small hands business.

I can’t recall though why Clausen fell. Almost every draft expert thought he was a sure-fire franchise QB. Only a tad behind Sam Bradford and a lock to be a top 10 pick. What happened?

Pickett is nearly 24 years old as a redshirt senior and  was at least there in the offense for 5 years.  He may be more polished right now and he should be obviously.  However, to ignore his limitations and pick him that early is shortsighted IMO.  I don’t see the upside and really don’t like the red flags either.  

Definitely could be the pick cuz this is what happens when a coach has to win now and can’t wait for a QB to develop.  They reach.

Edited by Shocker
  • Beer 4

43 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

All these comments feel so much like the Mac Jones posts this time last year.

Yeah and it’s still true he’s not that good. I’m glad we didn’t get him. He has a defense and a run game if u didn’t notice. Dude this is the guy they didn’t even trust to throw the ball and gave him 3 attempts the whole game. 

36 minutes ago, frankw said:

It was much worse the year before with Herbert. People here had him below Tua. The huddle has a horrific track record with QB evaluation 🤣

Frustrated World Cup GIF

Yea, I have no idea for the most part.  I've learned that from being wrong enough to realize that.  Some people havent learned that lesson I suppose.  I'm not sold on him either.   He reminds me of how Hornets used to draft with Cho.  Take the "safest" player with the lowest floor, but really there is no safe pick and you never know how players are going to adjust to the nfl game.  Several of the best qbs of all time didnt have any "elite" traits early on.  I would rather them beef up the oline, but I try to get too caught up in the poo poo'ing of everything just because our current regime has seemed incompetent. 

49 minutes ago, stbugs said:

There’s a strong indication that he’ll get beaten into a bloody pulp or we’ll splurge on FA OL. I read the available OL in FA thread and it appears to be a list of old guys who likely won’t play enough to warrant the cost or mediocre guys who will get paid because they’re FAs.

If we take Pickett, we’ve got a body at QB and we likely will get a little depth with our day 3 picks. So unless we spend a ton in FA, which means we probably lose any comp picks we might have gotten for Reddick and Donte, etc. and lose some more young talent we can’t afford.

After all that, we’ll win @ 5 games and won’t be in line for the top 2023 QBs and we’ll again be looking to rebuild without extra draft capital and cap space.

I'm so sad that I agree with every point.  This team is just not being run well.  

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, BlitzMonster said:

I would literally take Derek Singley (CB LSU) or Kyle Hamilton (S Notre Dame) over Pickett.  They would be dumb choices considering our team needs but at least these guys have elite talent.  Pickett looks like, at best, a mediocre game-manager.  And, more likely, just a long term backup. 

There are rounds of guys I want to see us take over Picket. I keep thinking about the Gabbert hype but without a Cam in this draft. 

• Pie 3