• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

LaCanfora asks evaluators about Pickett...

Mr. Scot

I'm not gonna be rage posting about this guy for two more months. Odds say we could very well miss on the first quarterback we draft regardless of his concensus status as a prospect. Either way Rhule runs the show so if it's all going to burn might as well make some s'mores and kick back.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 3

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Top talent evaluators of teams needing a QB: "Hey y'all, think we can get that dumbass to actually draft Kenny Pickett #6 overall?"

Thing is, one of those evaluators he talked to could have been Fitterer, Morgan, Cole Spencer or even McAdoo.

He did say all three came from teams that needed a quarterback.

Edited by Mr. Scot

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's going to take years to dig ourselves out of this Rhule hole and that's assuming Tepper actually makes a smart hire post-Rhule which is an assumption based on absolutely blind hope.

Kinda feel sorry for whatever coach comes after Rhule. 
Depleted team and possibly a bust at QB. I definitely think we could win 3 or less games next season. 
My question is if we draft a QB, like Pickett, and we get the 1st overall pick and a college QB shows to be special and NFL ready do we draft another QB in 2022 even with Pickett or whoever? 
Will we have a Josh Rosen situation on our hands?

I wish he would've asked about Corral.  With him not at the Senior Bowl, I'm as much, even more interested in what the scouts think of him.  He was the consensus top pick at one point before Willis and Pickett came surging along this year.  

#JakeHaenerClub2023

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Thing is, one of those evaluators he talked to could have been Fitterer, Morgan or even McAdoo.

He did say all three came from teams that needed a quarterback.

Oh, I fully expect us to make a colossal mistake at QB this off-season. An absolute all-timer. We've made dumb decision after dumb decision at QB since Rhule was hired each being dumber and more desperate than the last. It all feels like it's setting the stage for a Herschel Walker trade level or Sean Gilbert franchise tag sign away level bombshell of a fug up this year.

Will we end up trading UP to take Pickett? Don't rule anything out with this dumbass.

• Beer 2

4 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Kinda feel sorry for whatever coach comes after Rhule. 
Depleted team and possibly a bust at QB. I definitely think we could win 3 or less games next season. 
My question is if we draft a QB, like Pickett, and we get the 1st overall pick and a college QB shows to be special and NFL ready do we draft another QB in 2022 even with Pickett or whoever? 
Will we have a Josh Rosen situation on our hands?

Tepper will either have to offer record breaking money or we'll be forced to pick through the leftovers. Hell, maybe both. Word is gonna be out. This is the late stage Al Davis Raiders. If you're an up and coming or in your prime coach or player, stay the fug away. This is where you go to cash in one one last payday opportunity.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

All these comments feel so much like the Mac Jones posts this time last year.

If we draft a QB I will support him. Been watching some highlight of Willis and Pickett and both are raw. 
If we draft one of them I would red shirt him for a year. Which I fully support. 
That said, Rhule probably won’t do that since he will likely be fighting for his job and if he thinks the rookie gives him the best chance to win now he will start. 
I think a rookie QB will surprise this season. Would be cool to be proven wrong in my thinking of the current QBs. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, frankw said:

It was much worse the year before with Herbert. People here had him below Tua. The huddle has a horrific track record with QB evaluation 🤣

Frustrated World Cup GIF

The hilarious part is that it’s the same people who never learn their lesson

At no point does it set in “wow maybe I’m just not very good at evaluating”

• Pie 2

11 minutes ago, frankw said:

It was much worse the year before with Herbert. People here had him below Tua. The huddle has a horrific track record with QB evaluation 🤣

Frustrated World Cup GIF

lol here’s me predicting Derrick brown

“the extreme unlikeliness of this only complements the real point here:

who cares? Which player are you so sweet on that it isn't worth the gamble?

the solid but unremarkable DT? The linebacker? Maybe it's the CB who won't get a second contract here when the team inevitably refuses to give him the 90 million he'd command come contract time?

The panthers can manage without those things

None of that is in the same galaxy as the chance at obtaining an elite franchise QB”

Edited by Growl