• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers resign JJ Jansen

ECHornet

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

In b4 stbugs says we should’ve drafted Trey smith.

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

MFer. fuging moronic. ESPN did a redraft of the 2021 draft and the guy I wanted (Trey Smith) went pick 34. He was on PFF’s All rookie OL team. We could have had him instead of a long snapper who will likely never step foot on a field for us.

Incompetence and I include Fitterer in there as well. If you can’t talk your head coach into a day 2 OL talent instead of a long snapper, you might not be GM material.

I was here for most of the draft last year, in the draft thread it was nearly 100% of the posters were screaming for Smith in the mid-rounds. I started in the 4th, lost my mind when the Long Safety was drafted. Even at that point, if he doesnt play, it was worth the risk. Think If Smith, Moton and Elf were on this team.......been a great boost. 

• Pie 2

Remember that cutesy story Panthers media spun, where our dumbass coach called the college LS and asked if he wanted to be a Carolina Panther?

Then remember how we used a draft pick on the guy when he likely would've been available as a UDFA?

Then remember how that LS couldn't beat out ol' JJ?  

Then remember how we put him on the PS because he couldn't beat JJ?

And now we resigned JJ?

😂😂😂 Rhule is a fuging idiot.

But, glad JJ is back so Rhule's mistake isn't forced into action.🤣

• Pie 2

27 minutes ago, Smithers said:

We also had 6 opportunities to draft Tom Brady in 2000…

31 other teams passed on Trey Smith multiple times.  Y’all really Having anxiety over a 6th rounder?  I hate to see how some of y’all deal with real problems in life.  

How are you so biased you can't see that drafting a long snapper was a waste? Long snappers are rarely drafted and are arguably the least important position for a team to fill. Signing JJ even goes further to prove it was a waste since he was already on the roster.

Every year 6th and later picks come into the league, and end up starting and playing well. Some of these end up as elite players, as you said. Please don't make someone waste their time finding a list of these players. We already know you'll just ignore it to prop up the front office that you're loyal to. 

Edited by Krovvy
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 2

34 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

How are you so biased you can't see that drafting a long snapper was a waste? Long snappers are rarely drafted and are arguably the least important position for a team to fill. Signing JJ even goes further to prove it was a waste since he was already on the roster.

Every year 6th and later picks come into the league, and end up starting and playing well. Some of these end up as elite players, as you said. Please don't make someone waste their time finding a list of these players. We already know you'll just ignore it to prop up the front office that you're loyal to. 

Lol - Uhhhh I have not once propped up the front office.  If you are going to make accusations, at least come across as intelligent when you do so. I hate Rhule and think he should have been fired a long time ago.  But I’m not upset about using our 6th rounder on the best long snapper coming out last year.  Even if he does ride the pine a couple years

• Poo 2

34 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Lol - Uhhhh I have not once propped up the front office.  If you are going to make accusations, at least come across as intelligent when you do so. I hate Rhule and think he should have been fired a long time ago.  But I’m not upset about using our 6th rounder on the best long snapper coming out last year.  Even if he does ride the pine a couple years

I'm glad you want Rhule fired, but that doesn't change the posts you've made, and then poof didn't make the last few years. It's not like you're anonymous.

So Smithers loves the sixth round long snapper the Panthers drafted, even if he has to sit a couple years to be coached up by Rhule to snap the ball.

Yeah, and I'm the one not coming across as intelligent.

spacer.png

Edited by Krovvy