• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jeremiah's Latest Mock

Mr. Scot

WalterFoot latest Mock Draft by  Charlie Cambell:
6. NFL Team Logo for Panthers Carolina Panthers: Ikem Ekonwu, OT, N.C. State

The Panthers tried to upgrade their offensive line with veteran journeymen in the past two offseasons, and they have the price with a weak and underwhelming blocking front. Carolina needs to bring in some legit talent for for its offensive line. Here's a left tackle upgrade.

Ekwonu (6-4, 320) put together an impressive 2021 regular season that earned him high grades from NFL teams. In speaking to one director of player personnel, they said their team had Ekwonu as a mid- to late first-round pick. Ekonwu has experience at both guard and tackle from the Wolfpack, but projects as being able to play left tackle in the NFL. He is a fierce and physical run blocker. While Ekonwu has some things to work on as a pass blocker, the potential is there for him to stay on the edge as a pro.

Click here for a Ikem Ekonwu Scouting Report
9. NFL Team Logo for Broncos Denver Broncos: Charles Cross, OT, Mississippi State

If Denver doesn't use this pick in a trade for a veteran quarterback, the organization could use it to add a young edge rusher or a right tackle. With the top edge rushers off the board, the Broncos could take a tackle like Cross who could start out on the right side but eventually move to left tackle for them.

The 6-foot-5, 310-pound Cross looks like a future starting left tackle in the NFL and impressed team evaluators in 2021. Cross has excellent feet, athleticism, and quickness to play on the edge. For the next level, sources say Cross needs to get stronger and bigger for taking on pro linemen, but that is not abnormal. They feel after a little developmental time, Cross could be a good NFL left tackle.

1 hour ago, 4Corners said:

This is a huge reach. I’ve never even heard of this guy. Would be an awful selection at #6. Jeremiah must be related to this player. 

You don’t draft OL from no name colleges who don’t play anyone competitive  in the first round. 

l

Penning is an absolute monster though.  You must have missed everybody gushing over him at the Senior Bowl recently.  He was completely manhandling anybody he went up against. 

13 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:
WalterFoot latest Mock Draft by  Charlie Cambell:
6. NFL Team Logo for Panthers Carolina Panthers: Ikem Ekonwu, OT, N.C. State

The Panthers tried to upgrade their offensive line with veteran journeymen in the past two offseasons, and they have the price with a weak and underwhelming blocking front. Carolina needs to bring in some legit talent for for its offensive line. Here's a left tackle upgrade.

Ekwonu (6-4, 320) put together an impressive 2021 regular season that earned him high grades from NFL teams. In speaking to one director of player personnel, they said their team had Ekwonu as a mid- to late first-round pick. Ekonwu has experience at both guard and tackle from the Wolfpack, but projects as being able to play left tackle in the NFL. He is a fierce and physical run blocker. While Ekonwu has some things to work on as a pass blocker, the potential is there for him to stay on the edge as a pro.

Click here for a Ikem Ekonwu Scouting Report
9. NFL Team Logo for Broncos Denver Broncos: Charles Cross, OT, Mississippi State

If Denver doesn't use this pick in a trade for a veteran quarterback, the organization could use it to add a young edge rusher or a right tackle. With the top edge rushers off the board, the Broncos could take a tackle like Cross who could start out on the right side but eventually move to left tackle for them.

The 6-foot-5, 310-pound Cross looks like a future starting left tackle in the NFL and impressed team evaluators in 2021. Cross has excellent feet, athleticism, and quickness to play on the edge. For the next level, sources say Cross needs to get stronger and bigger for taking on pro linemen, but that is not abnormal. They feel after a little developmental time, Cross could be a good NFL left tackle.

Having the choice of Ekwonu or Cross at 6 would be amazing.

• Pie 2
  • The D 1

6 minutes ago, joemac said:

Penning is an absolute monster though.  You must have missed everybody gushing over him at the Senior Bowl recently.  He was completely manhandling anybody he went up against. 

He is sort of a less athletic Ekwonu, right? Same nastiness and physical play.

I am not anti-Penning. Might be kind of high at 6 but I wouldn't be upset. Now if we pick him over Neal, Ekwonu or Cross.....eh....not sure I would be pumped about that.

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, joemac said:

I didn’t watch 5 seconds of the senior bowl. Drafting a guy who played at a no name college and played against crap competition every year is not a guy I’m trying to draft #6 overall. I’m not saying he won’t be a good player but this is a reach and would be a bad pick. 

• Poo 1

3 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

I didn’t watch 5 seconds of the senior bowl. Drafting a guy who played at a no name college and played against crap competition every year is not a guy I’m trying to draft #6 overall. I’m not saying he won’t be a good player but this is a reach and would be a bad pick. 

So you didn't watch anything, don't know anything but have strong opinions against it?

This fits.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 4
  • Flames 2