• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

FootballOutsiders with the brutal honesty.

Zod

23 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:
23 hours ago, rhyslloyd said:

So, it's official that Fitterer is either a willing participant in this poo show or is essentially a figurehead with a GM title?

Rhule has final say. Period. At the end of the day, Fitts was brought here to be a babysitter and paper pusher.

Why would Fitterer take a job like that?  Was he desperate for some reason?

You know the guy with 608,222 posts says the model you describe is inaccurate, says Fitty is a "traditional GM" in every sense of the word...

...who are we to believe?

• Poo 2

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:
4 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Why would Fitterer take a job like that?  Was he desperate for some reason?

Probably because it was the only GM job he was being offered or seriously considered for. Beggars can't be choosers.

I understand your stated position but can't figure Fitty's logic for putting himself into such a scenario?

If he's truly a babysitter & paper-pusher and Rhule has final say on everything, then, Fitterer is not a GM and he took some job other than GM.  A business card that says "GM" on it does not make one a GM.

I do see that he has previously had GM interviews with the Eagles, Chiefs, Colts and Jets (probably others?) and when we hired him he was only 47...

...is the school of thought one where he saw his window closing and for some reason took a job that really wouldn't even meet the requirements for being a lateral move?

Seems illogical...

Edited by SizzleBuzz

9 hours ago, firefox1234 said:

What a damning draft pick summary. Barely anything about the prospect but just a summary on a coaches hope for self preservation.

It has been a selfish endeavor so far, trying to get rid of our Keep Pounding. Targeting the "face" of the franchise and still a good QB at the time for immediate disposal to make yourself/selves defacto "leaders" of that professional locker room coming straight outta Baylor. It was Teddy, it was Joe, it was Sam, it was Cam. They came in and had no answer at QB, only that they had to have a prior amateur football connection with Rhule. The results were all tied to a common denominator, Matthew. Matthew was underperforming and allegedly ordered to hire NFL coaches.

I think his character analysis is correct. Everybody got thrown under the bus on the way to 10-23 and getting "it" 1000% and us understanding that it was his "system" failing in real time after scape goats were no longer there.

Why wouldn't the same guy favor self preservation over the interest of others? I smell what he's cooking there. 

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, uncfan888 said:

I can't figure out why SizzleBuzz is still here. Maybe he'll leave when his BFF rhule is fired

Hes been a good addition, most just dont like the questions he asks or the way. (maybe a female given the emote usage....⚠️) I think hes in love with Tepper more than Rhule. 

Until the Panthers find a long-term answer at quarterback, and fix the offensive line, it's going to be hard to see a long-term direction.

But at the moment, they've chosen to go with organizational stability, rather than join a quarter of the league starting over again, picking through a diluted market of coaching options.

Tepper said it would take time to fix what he viewed as a depleted roster. His actions suggest he's prepared to allow this staff time to work on it.

• Flames 1

On 2/23/2022 at 6:56 AM, Pimpdaddy said:

...said this 4 months ago... we godda quit whining about Fhule...we know he is trash by his performance.... but tep keeping his head in the sand  and ignoring the sht show is entirely his fault.  Thats where the buck stops....and it has sht on it.

Can't disagree on that.

On 2/23/2022 at 7:29 AM, rayzor said:

This team is a joke. It's a lesson on how to buy and f*ck up an NFL franchise and lose fans.

Tepper can learn and get better, but it's gonna take time.... apparently.

This is not a good time to be emotionally invested in this team.

See it for the joke it is and find something else to care about. Let this team just be a curiosity until Tepper gets his head out of his ass and remembers his brass balls on his desk and fires Rhule and hires some that has a clue.

I agree but I don't think tepper has lost any money on the Panthers.  Plenty of network money and other sales keep coming in.