• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mitchell Trubisky is the best play

electro's horse

On 2/23/2022 at 7:29 AM, electro's horse said:

Mitchell "titty kisser" Trubisky is the best play for the Carolina Panthers in 2022. It is not a perfect situation, but you play the cards you're dealt. 

Situation

- Panthers do not have a quarterback and conservatively have 2 pieces of an offensive line. For where the team is and what the modern NFL is like, nothing else really matters unfortunately.

- It does not matter what the Panthers gave up for Sam Darnold or what they're paying him. He is the definition of a sunk cost, and there's no point dwelling on it. What's done is done. He cannot go into another season as a starter. He is toast. 

- The Panthers do not have a lot of draft picks. They have one coveted first rounder that they need to either A.) land an O Line starter with or B.) use to trade for more picks. Drafting a QB does not help them this year (unless they manage to draft Herbert) and sticks the presumptive next coaching staff a player they might want nothing to do with. 

Why Mitch

- He does not cost any draft picks. They can just sign him. This lets them address the offensive line.

- Money doesn't matter. I know this is a controversial statement, but they can manage to overpay him because as long as David Tepper can drop those signing bonuses up front anything is possible. 

- Local kid. Played at UNC. Fan base would eat it up. Tepper would love the local angle. Buys goodwill. 

- Was in a rough situation in Chicago. Final season stats there were not that bad, far better than anything Darnold had done. Has spent a year in Buffalo under a coaching staff that turned a similar big armed idiot into an MVP candidate. 

- Loves to kiss titties. 

image.png.5914e4555fed9270baaee2ca2ef31156.png

If it works

- All is well. You have a big armed local kid playing in what should be a weak division that squeaks the panthers into the playoffs, probably loses in the first round, lets the panthers restock the draft pick cabinet, gets darnold off the books, can renegotiate his contract, everyone looks like a genius. 

If it doesn't work

- As long as you structured his contract so he's easy to cut after two years, who cares. Fire everyone, hopefully you solidified the o line, bring in a new staff, move on from there. 

Can't argue with it much, it's probably the best thing we can do while waiting out the end of Rhule's overtime period.

15 minutes ago, Panthera onca said:

You asked the right person. Linville is one of the biggest Tar Heel fanboys on here and didn’t step foot in Chapel Hill during his college days.

I have no problem with fanboys, it's not my thing, but I get it.

I am however always amazed at how many of them we have dealing with UNC though...I wonder if all states are like that or if we happen to be an outlier?

There are a lot of guys on here that went to NCSU and you don't really hear them banging the table for NC State players...it's weird, just wondering if it's normal?

I'm from NC and it's been this way my whole life.

4 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

I am however always amazed at how many of them we have dealing with UNC though...I wonder if all states are like that or if we happen to be an outlier?

There are a lot of guys on here that went to NCSU and you don't really hear them banging the table for NC State players...it's weird, just wondering if it's normal?

No, it’s not normal at all. It’s irrational and borderline pathological.

• Flames 1

On 2/23/2022 at 10:12 AM, mrcompletely11 said:

Why in holy hell do we have not one but 2 fuging threads about signing mitch trubisky?  Godalmighty is this really what its come to? 

Build the line, roll with sam, draft a qb next season.  Why are they making this so fuging hard?

No one in their sane mind would roll with Sam...

drive off 50 cent GIF

• Flames 1

I'm a diehard panther fan, and I and WANT mariota, BUT let's be realistic. We need a semi-competent QB for the next couple of years. My Reason for Trubisky are

A) he cost no trade capital 
B) has more upside than Donald 
C) we will have someone to help groom our rookie QB next year.
D) Then we can let Donald. Play  out his contract and not lose any trade capital, and probably want cost a lot to sign

Look at how this thread is dominated by ABCers (anybody but Carolina) complaining about UNC fans. I rest my case on the "real problem". Y'all really gotta stop derailing any and every thread where a UNC player gets brought up. Don't kid yourselves, it's YOU who is derailing threads constantly.

There's one UNC troll (4Corners) and about a dozen of you ABCers.

• Poo 1

5 hours ago, thefuzz said:

You just don't see the same visceral reaction when an NCSU player is brought up. If there's an NCSU player who can help us out, hell yeah! Bring him in. But a UNC player gets brought up and the ABCers complain for pages on end about how these imaginary UNC fanboys are ruining the forum. 😂

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

6 hours ago, Panthera onca said:

No, he is the worst of the worst because he is an intentional troll and a fanboy who is too ignorant to realize no one cares what he has to say.

I respect he never breaks that gimmick. Hes good for a few laughs over his tenure and types what some are scared to. Just cause you or I dis-agree with one/couple of his brain wormed statements, doesnt make his other talking points worthless. Hes a panther fan and that means hes family, same way that evey family member can not agree on all topics. 

Plus he took on Scot went he was out of control, I didnt forget that...

Edited by Basbear
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You just don't see the same visceral reaction when an NCSU player is brought up. If there's an NCSU player who can help us out, hell yeah! Bring him in. But a UNC player gets brought up and the ABCers complain for pages on end about how these imaginary UNC fanboys are ruining the forum. 😂

For my memory even dating back the scout forum, you were the rare fair judge of your favorite teams players. If a UNC player is not worth the time, you will say that.. not many can do this form any big time fandom form a big-time school. 

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I spent a lot of years in Greensboro before moving to the mountains and one common statement I always heard there when anyone mentioned "Carolina ".  F*** Carolina!!! GO NC STATE!!!  Being from Kentucky I naturally agreed. Everyone hates Duke.

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Look at how this thread is dominated by ABCers (anybody but Carolina) complaining about UNC fans. I rest my case on the "real problem". Y'all really gotta stop derailing any and every thread where a UNC player gets brought up. Don't kid yourselves, it's YOU who is derailing threads constantly.

There's one UNC troll (4Corners) and about a dozen of you ABCers.

Hey dude I agree w most of your posts/opinions but that is really lame of you to call me a troll because you know I’m not one.

Sure, I’m guilty of making a “troll” ish post every now and then for shits and giggles like 95% of the people on here but I’ve been posting since sitting in my dorm in 2006-2007 and I can assure you I don’t really care that much to deliberately log on here and try and get banned or talk poo on the internet. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

I respect he never breaks that gimmick. Hes good for a few laughs over his tenure and types what some are scared to. Just cause you or I dis-agree with one/couple of his brain wormed statements, doesnt make his other talking points worthless. Hes a panther fan and that means hes family, same way that evey family member can not agree on all topics. 

Plus he took on Scot went he was out of control, I didnt forget that...

This guy gets it! 
yeah I called out Mr.Scott for turning the huddle into his own personal blog of creed thoughts and his sometimes condescending nature and was immediately hit with an infraction of “leave scott alone”.  NFL message boards serious business bro. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1