• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could we really pick something other than QB or o-line at 6?

Verge

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm so accustomed to watching this organization do mind numbingly stupid things that it's going to be really difficult to shock me with anything.

I wouldn't have believed this in a million years. Now, I'll believe anything. I hate trite sayings, but it's really a damned circus. Our team is competing with Ringling Brothers. Hell, that's probably an insult to the circus, they're competing with carnies!

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Verge said:

I really doubt it. Probably next years 3rd and a player. 

Gotta remember, it's Matt Rhule. If THE Sam Darnold is worth a 2nd, 4th, and 6th then Jimmy G for next year's 1st is a steal. An absolute STEAL I tell ya! 😂

Unless by "a player" you mean a Brian Burns or Jeremy Chinn or DJ Moore type player. Oh wee mayne. I could see it. Burns and a 3rd for Jimmy G after we draft a pass rusher #6 overall. Probably that bust looking for a place to happen out of Oregon. 🤢

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

Yes, to answer your question, yes we could.

Only because we have the most braindead leadership in the building right now and very little ammo.

All 3 of the tackles being gone at 6 will be hard to swallow.  And the answer to the other question...if the C is a rock star, I'm fine taking him high.  O Line is SO important right now in the league and we seriously need to address it.

We SHOULD be completely open to several positions to draft. When you draft in the top 10, you have to get that pick right. So it is significantly more important to get an impact player, than to get a player at a specific position (within reason). Both Hamilton and Thibodeaux give me pause. But other teams may be willing to jump up for them, particularly to get in front of the Giants. So, if the trade is fair, and we can pick up extra value, We should look to move down. Especially if the top tackles are gone. No QB in this draft is worth a top 15 pick, much less a top 6 pick.