• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Panthers are a sh*t show"

Zod

19 hours ago, Tr3ach said:

How many different posts all with the same general idea do we need.  This place has turned into a sh-- show too.  It used to be so nice coming here to talk panthers football and the latest news and ideas going on with the Panthers.   Now its just 5-10 posts a day all saying the exact thing.  what's the point. 

Honestly, though, how much positive is there to talk about? I'd love to have something to talk about on the good side, but we're in a tough straight right now. Three years of five win seasons and some honestly embarrassing play on the field hasn't left us with a lot to go on for upbeat discussion.

And by God, I really need something upbeat about right now. 

In truth, so many of us are just stuck wanting to see a change because what is happening in Carolina right now doesn't seem to be working... at all. I want us to be pushing deep into the play offs, I want to be excited about upcoming games and the draft. Heck, I'd be excited as can be just to say we were competitive.

Maybe there will be a miracle this year. Maybe not. I just don't know. Wish I did.

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Honestly, though, how much positive is there to talk about? I'd love to have something to talk about on the good side, but we're in a tough straight right now. Three years of five win seasons and some honestly embarrassing play on the field hasn't left us with a lot to go on for upbeat discussion.

And by God, I really need something upbeat about right now. 

In truth, so many of us are just stuck wanting to see a change because what is happening in Carolina right now doesn't seem to be working... at all. I want us to be pushing deep into the play offs, I want to be excited about upcoming games and the draft. Heck, I'd be excited as can be just to say we were competitive.

Maybe there will be a miracle this year. Maybe not. I just don't know. Wish I did.

Most teams will underperform when their #1 player goes down along with their 1st round pick.  RR was carried by Cam, and RR went down when Cam got hurt.  

Reasons for a glimmer of hope:
Mac has actually coordinated a good O before.  Joe Brady never has.
The GM is talking about drafting OL while holding the #6 pick in his possession.
Bucs lost Brady.
Saints lost Peyton.

Vegas had us at 7 wins for 2022.  We underperformed by 2 games last year.   People are acting like we were supposed to go to the playoffs. 

18 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Most teams will underperform when their #1 player goes down along with their 1st round pick.  RR was carried by Cam, and RR went down when Cam got hurt.  

The GM is talking about drafting OL while holding the #6 pick in his possession.
Bucs lost Brady.
Saints lost Peyton.

Vegas had us at 7 wins for 2022.  We underperformed by 2 games last year.   People are acting like we were supposed to go to the playoffs. 

There would be hope if the decision makers had not wasted half our draft and 19 million in cap space this year on the worst quarterback in the league. Just having all of our draft picks would offer more to discuss. But nope 😐

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, poundaway said:

I thought the purpose of the board was to make people miserable?    Its not?

To a point. Right up until therapy is needed at which point they should back away. It's an endurance test/mental health excercise to help with this thing called 'being a panther fan'.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, poundaway said:

Bucs lost Brady.
Saints lost Peyton.

Thanks for trying but we hired a rank amateur as a coach and he is showing signs of regressing. We also were bought by a rank amateur and regressing or not, we're stuck with him. On the management side, he may also be a dud but the other two guys are so bad a clear picture can't be made of him yet.

As to the losses of stars/coaches on other NFCSouth teams, there's still better built, better coached and better motivated teams in each of those cities than in ours. And that hurts. 

Years back I warned before we jettisoned Ron Rivera that while the change was needed, what was coming might very well be worse than he was, just because that can be the nature of things. History has so far proven me right.

And I really want to be wrong about this.

• Pie 4

19 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Years back I warned before we jettisoned Ron Rivera that while the change was needed, what was coming might very well be worse than he was, just because that can be the nature of things. History has so far proven me right.

Even though Ron is mediocre, the number of coaches better than him is much smaller than the number of coaches worse than him.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Thanks for trying but we hired a rank amateur as a coach and he is showing signs of regressing. We also were bought by a rank amateur and regressing or not, we're stuck with him. On the management side, he may also be a dud but the other two guys are so bad a clear picture can't be made of him yet.

As to the losses of stars/coaches on other NFCSouth teams, there's still better built, better coached and better motivated teams in each of those cities than in ours. And that hurts. 

Guess we'll see.  There's a LOT of factors in flux that will decide how we'll do next year. 

I feel healthy star players on the team decide more about how a team does than the head coach.  Just ask RR about Cam.   The Bengals didn't go the SB because amateur coach Zac Taylor is a genius.  They went because Burrow didn't get hurt.  There is no doubt in my mind that if CMC and Horn didn't go down for nearly the entire season, we would have won a couple more games and hit realistic expectations.

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

To a point. Right up until therapy is needed at which point they should back away. It's an endurance test/mental health excercise to help with this thing called 'being a panther fan'.

Maybe we all should try to get some type of group rate for therapy.

• Beer 1

On 3/5/2022 at 2:44 PM, Tr3ach said:

How many different posts all with the same general idea do we need.  This place has turned into a sh-- show too.  It used to be so nice coming here to talk panthers football and the latest news and ideas going on with the Panthers.   Now its just 5-10 posts a day all saying the exact thing.  what's the point. 

1637434563310.gif.6d7f94b098f2e95b649cddf35da1f06d.gif

• Pie 1