• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Panthers are a sh*t show"

Zod

1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

Years back I warned before we jettisoned Ron Rivera that while the change was needed, what was coming might very well be worse than he was, just because that can be the nature of things. History has so far proven me right.

Tepper keeping Hurney after he fired Rivera was a big red flag.

Tepper hiring a HC with virtually no NFL coaching experience was another big red flag.

Tepper praising Marty as some sort of draft genius was another big red flag.

Tepper firing Hurney and letting a novice HC run the organization was another big red flag

Tepper not firing Rhule after two terrible 5 win seasons was another big red flag.

Say what you will, we've had a lot of big red flags.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 3

4 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Thanks for trying but we hired a rank amateur as a coach and he is showing signs of regressing. We also were bought by a rank amateur and regressing or not, we're stuck with him. On the management side, he may also be a dud but the other two guys are so bad a clear picture can't be made of him yet.

As to the losses of stars/coaches on other NFCSouth teams, there's still better built, better coached and better motivated teams in each of those cities than in ours. And that hurts. 

Years back I warned before we jettisoned Ron Rivera that while the change was needed, what was coming might very well be worse than he was, just because that can be the nature of things. History has so far proven me right.

And I really want to be wrong about this.

Matt Rhule makes me appreciate Ron Rivera, his class, his dignity, he coached toughness. His teams got better in October. He was a Mike Ditkas player. If you weren't tough you weren't playing. He was tough on those guys to be disciplined. He wasn't as ridgid as not to line up Refrigerator Perry at RB. You know what usually happened next.

Rivera played for an all time great NFL head coach. You know who else is a Ditka player and no nonsense coach? Jon Harbaugh. That's why players had a tough time. He's Ditka old-school.

HARBAUGH 2023! or now!

• Pie 1

36 minutes ago, Shocker said:

He forgot to mention the worst OL in football.  But yeah, fug the exec guy who said this

Worst OL and our prize FA last year were hand picked because of their versatility on the line. Too bad they suck. And it's not like we didn't have options to start someone else, but Rhule tried to convert BC into a G/C and kept Brown on the bench in favor of Miller. Let's not pretend like we didn't have any options. We had them. Rhule was just to stubborn to realize they were there, at least until now when he says he should have played BC at LT more like everyone had been saying since preseason. 

16 hours ago, parker said:

The US State Department announced today that if Russia does not withdrawal troops from Ukraine, they will broadcast Panthers games over their airwaves next fall. 

Wouldn’t that violate the Geneva Conventions on biological warfare?

• Beer 2
  • Flames 1

15 hours ago, poundaway said:

Guess we'll see.  There's a LOT of factors in flux that will decide how we'll do next year. 

I feel healthy star players on the team decide more about how a team does than the head coach.  Just ask RR about Cam.   The Bengals didn't go the SB because amateur coach Zac Taylor is a genius.  They went because Burrow didn't get hurt.  There is no doubt in my mind that if CMC and Horn didn't go down for nearly the entire season, we would have won a couple more games and hit realistic expectations.

I'd postulate that sometimes bad coaches get players hurt. And Taylor's coaching should be commended. He and his staff made a team that was supposed to be a year or two away into something really remarkable. Burrow is amazing, but Matt Stafford was too in all those years in Detroit. Coaching matters.