• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Panthers have received trade calls for Christian McCaffrey

TheSpecialJuan

A team at the end of the 1st that is just a piece or 2 from Super Bowl contention will definitely be willing to give up a first for an offensice weapon like CMC. A loaded deep playoff off team doesn't necessarily need a first round pick. I would gladly take another first even if it's a late first

• Beer 1

CHRISTIAN MCCAFFREY is the best [PLAY MAKER] I ever seen in my life time if healthy his value is of a QB's standard" his injuries are not damaging injuries to his career dude can be 100% starting the season and easily average (3) TD's a game....

27 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

That is quite scary. And I was foolishly excited about Rhule when we landed him. But I can't imagine how I would justify defending him now. 

When he was hired all so thought was “Who?”  
I found out we hired him from my brother who went to Baylor. 

30 minutes ago, joemac said:

Im not backing them at all, but talking poo about the team, and calling them retards everyday for the next 12 months is gonna get really boring, really fast.  At this point it is what it is. 

You're not one of the people I'm talking about.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

If someone is putting out that we want a 1st, that might mean someone has offered a 2nd.

I could see a playoff type of team thinking he could help, someone like the Bills or Packers, Cardinals?  I'm sure there are others.

Put CMC on the Bills and they're probably the SB favorites.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Put CMC on the Bills and they're probably the SB favorites.

Not that I'd necessarily be against it depending on what we get back, but there's a part of me that's tired of supplying missing pieces for other teams rather than building our own.

Unfortunately, we'd have to be run by smarter people to start doing the latter.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

11 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Yeah you’re right get rid of all our good players cuz we haven’t been good.  

I think it honestly comes down to this.

Do you think the Panthers could be in the playoffs in the next 3 years?

Do you think CMC will still be the superstar he is in the next 3 years?

If you answered yes to either then I think you are thinking too highly of where we are at currently. 

If you answered no to both then I think the obvious solution is salvaging a first while we can still get it and letting CMC have a shot somewhere.

CMC won’t be here by the time this team is playoff bound again and if he is he’ll be a shell of himself. It isn’t good to trade your young stars in a rebuild. But trading vets that won’t be here when we right the team makes a lot of sense.

Edited by TheMostInterestingMan
  • Beer 1