• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wilson to the Broncos

Captain Morgan

3 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

I’m honestly surprised at the package it took to get Russ.

I thought it would be much better. Lock is a throw away. Shelby Harris is good but positional value there is low. Their 1st this year is 9th in a weak QB draft and next year they’ll likely be picking in the 20’s…

I assume they now have ammo next season with their 2 1st rounder and 2nd rounders to move up if needed. But yeah, I thought it would’ve taken more

I agree *expect one huge factor- Wilsons health is a unknown and after getting hit more than Cam *could become a huge issue. But man Wilson, this is pain........Hes a elite team carrying QB, maybe what 5-6 around....Hes a pure winner and 4th quarter magic is best in NFL history.

I think if hes healthy and remains that way, one great deal for Denver. I did see were Noah Fant was included, but that doesnt change this haul enough. Man Id think Wilson would cost more than Watson, texans is bluffing with their BS 3 1sts plus elite players plus 3s 5s etc. Pound sand and pay him 35 million to stay away AGAIN 2022 yr. 

3 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I agree *expect one huge factor- Wilsons health is a unknown and after getting hit more than Cam *could become a huge issue.

Wilson has been maybe the best QB I've ever seen at avoiding the big hit.  His injury last year was a complete fluke.  He broke his finger following through on a throw, and it hit a guys helmet or something.

There is no way he's taken more punishment than Cam did, who was used like a power back AND took hits in the pocket.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Wilson has been maybe the best QB I've ever seen at avoiding the big hit.  His injury last year was a complete fluke.  He broke his finger following through on a throw, and it hit a guys helmet or something.

There is no way he's taken more punishment than Cam did, who was used like a power back AND took hits in the pocket.

I believe hes the leader in hits, here is one link 2nd in sacks form 2010-2019, he ran waaaay more than Arod.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2020/quick-reads-decade-review-qb-totals

heres another, seems hes in the top three every year in hits, knock down, hurries, etc etc. https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/advanced-stats-qb.php?year=2020

He is super smart about not getting the full force, but the guy has been the most touched player by far. For a five year period seahawks had a panther 2021 OL and he got punished hardcore. Hes paid one hell of price, even small hits add up as you age.....