• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Whole lot of Deshaun Watson chatter happening out there

Zod

11 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

Division winners at 11-5 and 10-6 in two of his three full seasons wasn't good enough for you? I'd take it. 

1 win in the playoffs.  Since the golden days the Texans and Watson have been Meh.  They got old and Watson got whiny and horny.  

• Poo 1

2 minutes ago, mickeye76 said:

1 win in the playoffs.  Since the golden days the Texans and Watson have been Meh.  They got old and Watson got whiny and horny.  

So yeah, we should totally just give up on trying to acquire a superstar QB, because they obviously cannot win games all by themselves. 

Do all the teams that want him know something about these cases? Also, do analyst and others like Schefter know something as well? Everything being reported is as if what he’s going through will blow over. Espn and nfln rarely mention the cases and talk as if nothing is wrong. Would an owner be willing to part with so much capital and be this adamant about acquiring him without knowing something we don’t? It just seems so odd to me. 

15 minutes ago, joemac said:

So yeah, we should totally just give up on trying to acquire a superstar QB, because they obviously cannot win games all by themselves. 

Nope. Not what I'm saying. I would like a rookie under a cheap contract become a superstar QB.  I would like to keep valuable assets like high draft picks and cap room.  Then there is the sticky situation of bad press.  Didn't our former owner get ran out for some stuff like Watson is accused of.   To turn around and bring Watson in makes us look like hypocrites.  

5 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Do all the teams that want him know something about these cases? Also, do analyst and others like Schefter know something as well? Everything being reported is as if what he’s going through will blow over. Espn and nfln rarely mention the cases and talk as if nothing is wrong. Would an owner be willing to part with so much capital and be this adamant about acquiring him without knowing something we don’t? It just seems so odd to me. 

It sounds to me that there is very little evidence of major wrong doing....at least that's my hunch.

• Pie 3

6 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Money talks and bullshit walks.  The legal system is different for the mega rich.  

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Im sure they do.  These are billion dollar enterprises with access to whatever they want.  Im sure every interested party has hired private investigators, lawyers, analysts and whatever else money can buy to get as much intel as humanly possible on the situation. 

• Pie 1