• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What about Jamis Winston?

Green-Ghost

17 minutes ago, t96 said:

No thanks he'll just be more of the same trash we've had the last 2 years 

During an offseason like this one, there just isn’t an outstanding QB.  I was never sold on Darnold. But, I thought he would be a crapshoot.  

Jamis was awful with TB but, showed good potential with a new team.    I Noticed that team coaches are more important than I realized.  I still don’t know why Cam Newton fell off, as bad as he has. 

tom Brady started as a 6th round draft pick.  If Tom was just out of college and in the draft today,  how many teams would be willing to take a chance on him?

I love Jameis, he's the funniest dude in the league. Definitely can slang that thang but you gotta get ready for some lolz on and off the field.

Would be crazy to seem him stay in the NFC South with 3 different teams his whole career.

Not gonna happen though haha.

A year ago I would have been in favor of spinning the Winston wheel, even if we intended to draft somebody.  He was cheap and, if nothing else, would have been a reasonable #2 on the depth chart.  We didn't have a legitimate #2 on the depth chart, and the #1 we had was being run out of town.

If we didn't have Darnold for the upcoming year, I might still be in favor of it assuming he is still relatively cheap.

Sure, he was an interception machine in 2019 in Tampa, but Arians' offense can have that effect on QBs.  Let's see, we have a QB who throws interceptions so let's put him in an offense that involves more risky throws.....what did we think was going to happen?

He threw a lot of everything that year (TDs, yards, and ints). 

But alas, we have Darnold to the tune of $18.5M this year.  Adding somebody else in a similar situation, albeit more accomplished, is really throwing the dung against the wall at this point.

Brady is a long-shot story.  If Bledsoe had not gotten hurt, it is possible Brady would have been a footnote on pro-football-reference's website.

• Beer 2

Jameis is a good QB, and should be a starter in this league, but I’d pass. Now, I would’ve loved to have him last year instead of Darnold, and even said as much. I remember I received push back, but that’s neither here nor there lol. 

Id pass on him this year. The best route to go is draft or Watson. No more reclamation projects.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I mean Jameis is a MUCH better QB than Darnold, but if we're just going to be shuffling around mid QBs might as well just stick with Sam one more year and get a top draft pick next season when a lot of possible future franchise guys will be available. 

50 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

You don't need a comma after "but" -- just saying. 

Also, he's just a Darnold Variant.

Darnold never came close to throwing for 5000 yards and 30 + TDs in a season.  Now, that came with 30 picks too, but still Jameis is much much much more prolific a passer than Sam ever thought about being. 

• Pie 3