• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Florio: Panthers understand they have to give up 3 firsts, another pick, and 1-2 (Chinn, Burns, Brown, Horn)

Kraybrothers

6 minutes ago, Shocker said:

LOL…classic…they have never made any trade like this…ever.  They have actually been very conservative.  People have gotten really ridiculous about how smart the Panthers actually are.  They missed on Darnold. Thats it.

No one thinks the Panthers are smart. 

38 minutes ago, Shocker said:

This is a great comment.  Darnold may not be a good QB and may turn the ball over at moments notice but no one has ever questioned Sams dedication and leadership.  He will keep working and has great character.  That should count for something but maybe not

Are you fugging kidding me??? His leadership 😂😂. You’re blind, dumb, or maybe both if you believe any of what you just said here. That dude is a bum through and through. 

1 minute ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

Giving up 3 firsts means giving up 3 chances at finding a young, cheap, and unsoiled (reputation) franchise QB. HELL NO

I’m more bothered about Chinn, Horn and Burns being a part of the trade. If his legal issues were resolved, I could live with Watson for 3 1sts and Brown. 

10 minutes ago, Verge said:

It's not like Tepper does not have legal experts on his payroll. There is a reason all of this is getting leaked out to me, Florio, Alexander, etc right now. No chance they believe he is being convicted, this wouldn't be a conversation we would be having if they did. 

Though it has become kind of obvious Tepper is blinded by his own hubris a bit, as he went into the owners meeting believing they would 100% get Watson. I certainly hope that is not the case. They already desperately backtracked last year by having Person (I believe it was Person anyway) leak some BS about how "we are not interested at this time". It would be outright embarrassing if they had to do that again.

One thing is for sure, the leagues perspective on us being an absolutely shitshow is completely on point.

exactly he’s absolutely not getting convicted 

• The D 1

I don't mind the draft picks as much as some, I'm mostly balking at the players at this point. Derrick Brown, take him. But if we're giving up multiple guys that include a combo of Chinn, Horn, Burns? Yeesh. Losing Reddick already, probably losing Gilmore/DJax. What's going to be left of our defense? YGM, Luvu, Shaq? THE Bravvion Roy? Not sure we can count on Henderson just yet. Keith Taylor about to be CB1? 

Offense better find a way to score 40 a game, because our defense is officially hot garbage again. 

Suleiman hopefully knows some Saints level cap tricks as well, because we're going to need them to even fill out a roster. 

No but hell no. I do not want to lose great players and future great players for a guy who will be suspended once he's traded. I rather roll with Kap or just stick to building a actually competitive team with a crap QB until we can draft one. 

46 minutes ago, Verge said:

It's not like Tepper does not have legal experts on his payroll. There is a reason all of this is getting leaked out to me, Florio, Alexander, etc right now. No chance they believe he is being convicted, this wouldn't be a conversation we would be having if they did. 

Though it has become kind of obvious Tepper is blinded by his own hubris a bit, as he went into the owners meeting believing they would 100% get Watson. I certainly hope that is not the case. They already desperately backtracked last year by having Person (I believe it was Person anyway) leak some BS about how "we are not interested at this time". It would be outright embarrassing if they had to do that again.

One thing is for sure, the leagues perspective on us being an absolutely shitshow is completely on point.

Ok, I would agree about perception.  I think Fitterer is very competent as a GM.  I personally loved his moves in the draft last year.  He appears to be very in tune with the league and talent.  Is he getting forced to make moves?  Maybe but I haven’t seen that yet.  Lots of speculation but nothing has been actually done that seems crazy.  Holding out hope 

Tepper has mentioned on multiple interviews that he has to let the football guys make the decisions.  i seriously hope this is the case.  I think after the dust settles we are drafting OT at 6 and moving forward 

I would put that pick at being Charles Cross at 90%

Edited by Shocker

5 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

I don't mind the draft picks as much as some, I'm mostly balking at the players at this point. Derrick Brown, take him. But if we're giving up multiple guys that include a combo of Chinn, Horn, Burns? Yeesh. Losing Reddick already, probably losing Gilmore/DJax. What's going to be left of our defense? YGM, Luvu, Shaq? THE Bravvion Roy? Not sure we can count on Henderson just yet. Keith Taylor about to be CB1? 

Offense better find a way to score 40 a game, because our defense is officially hot garbage again. 

Suleiman hopefully knows some Saints level cap tricks as well, because we're going to need them to even fill out a roster. 

We could have 1/3 of our cap space devoted to QBs and still be forced to start Darnold. Houston has made it clear there will be no guarantees of this trade because even its obvious they doubt if he will be available next year. If Watson settles the civil suits, how long does anyone think it will take for a suspension to come? The social media pressure on the NFL will be enormous to never let him play again. Does anyone seriously think Goodell is going to defend Watson over the NFL shield in a PR campaign? And if Watson does decide to go to court, how focused can he be with cameras and paparazzi following him 24/7 and all the other mud slinging that's going to occur in a highly publicized trial like this. Until it's resolved one way or another, this is a no win situation. It's not even really a no win. The Panthers will lose and lose big. But then again, that's what it's like having Rhule and Tepper in charge. 

Not really onboard with this. This would leave us with a bare cupboard. Unfortunately Denver’s desperate trade doesn’t bode well for us. I’m dead set on finally drafting a LT this year. We’ll inevitably bomb next year and be in position to draft our pick of the litter at QB for much cheaper.

• Pie 1