• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Maybe I was wrong about KENNY PICKETT after reading these evaluations.

Panthers Rhule

2 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Just being Honest if you just look at 2021 -2022 tape Kenny is Kurt Cousin solid..

It's when you look at the other 4 years you say oweeee!@

Yeah, I am not down on Pickett, I just think he has a ceiling that will keep him from ever being elite.

But, I also wasn't a big fan of Burrow so maybe he will be better than expected. Burrow had baby hands concerns too.

• Pie 2

38 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

Care to tell us why? I definitely don't want him here at the crazy price they're talking about nor the creepy vibe he'll bring. I prefer the idea that we're a positive culture. 

Sure thing, proven commodity, seeing somebody beat the breaks off a slimy lawyer using the system as a tool of revenge for his pathetic friend of a franchise owner.

The massage thing is questionable but not the intentions of the Texans owner. The media has hitched itself foolishly like our coach to a proven mediocre QB, who aside from last season was a dud who needed five years to get drafted.

I've had enough of Fhule and his hometown hookups and his thirst for sub-par barely NFL talent including his lust for Pickett. If Matt Rhule endorsed it, it's gonna be trash. That's our Carolina experience with your boy Rhule. He's inept (10-23)and he loves him some Kenny Pickett. Red flag.

Since the lawyer not the "victims" started all of this and it's now been proven I'd be ok with getting the best FA option available to making a big draft mistake that will only prove to us more that Rhule is out of his league.

Screenshot_20220312-195323.png

1 hour ago, WOW!! said:

How many TD's

Almost as many as Dan Marino in his sophomore season.  

TD's are a great stat for a offense as a whole.  For a single player, they aren't as meaningful.  In addition to a qb who throws them, need a oline that protects, and a receiver that catches.  

Here is what I want out of a qb.  The ability to throw the ball accurately under pressure and make good decisions, especially when the game is on the line.  Other things like great arm strength, mobility, etc.. are good things to have, but this is the key to being a good NFL qb.  Everything else is less important.

Edited by Davidson Deac II
  • Pie 1

32 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Almost as many as Dan Marino in his sophomore season.  

TD's are a great stat for a offense as a whole.  For a single player, they aren't as meaningful.  In addition to a qb who throws them, need a oline that protects, and a receiver that catches.  

Here is what I want out of a qb.  The ability to throw the ball accurately under pressure and make good decisions, especially when the game is on the line.  Other things like great arm strength, mobility, etc.. are good things to have, but this is the key to being a good NFL qb.  Everything else is less important.

Now were bringing up players from 40 years ago.. 

Nor like this isn't a new era of football or nothing..

Lol

Marino's is 60 years old lol

Just admit 13tds and 9ints isn't a good season no matter who your name is. 

It’s not like Pickett’s year was a fluke. He was on the NFL’s scouts radar before this season. Got healthy, went to Manning’s school where he got some one on one with Peyton himself and put together one of the best ACC seasons we have seen by a QB. He broke Marino’s Pitt records and Watson’s ACC records. It wasn’t just a game or two where he played great, it was the whole season (ACC championship included). Then he goes to the Senior Bowl and plays a perfect game. Then he interviews, throws, and runs well at the combine. He really isn’t a bad QB prospect at all. His hands are .5 inches shorter than Burrow/Lamar etc with a double jointed thumb that points outward. The only negative I really see is I never really saw him play under a lot of pressure. I’m sure there is tape out there on it, just the games I watch he either had a nice pocket or had quick passes (which isn’t a bad thing). 

• Pie 2

On 3/11/2022 at 7:43 PM, Immaculate said:

Herbert was a talented QB with a strong arm. His problem coming out of college was that he is introvert and not a good leader. Kenny Pickett isn’t Herbert. If you want a QB that has the best chance to be a franchise QB, it’s Malik Willis. I’ll always go with the guy with the arm talent. 

Being introvert wasn’t the problem, the problem is people think it was.

4 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

It’s not like Pickett’s year was a fluke. He was on the NFL’s scouts radar before this season. Got healthy, went to Manning’s school where he got some one on one with Peyton himself and put together one of the best ACC seasons we have seen by a QB. He broke Marino’s Pitt records and Watson’s ACC records. It wasn’t just a game or two where he played great, it was the whole season (ACC championship included). Then he goes to the Senior Bowl and plays a perfect game. Then he interviews, throws, and runs well at the combine. He really isn’t a bad QB prospect at all. His hands are .5 inches shorter than Burrow/Lamar etc with a double jointed thumb that points outward. The only negative I really see is I never really saw him play under a lot of pressure. I’m sure there is tape out there on it, just the games I watch he either had a nice pocket or had quick passes (which isn’t a bad thing). 

Yeah he was on scouts mind as a 3rd or later round pick...

36 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Yeah he was on scouts mind as a 3rd or later round pick...

Yeah so an NFL QB. If you get drafted in the 3rd you were a solid college QB or have potential to be better. He came back, put in the time in the offseason  and got even better. 

54 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah so an NFL QB. If you get drafted in the 3rd you were a solid college QB or have potential to be better. He came back, put in the time in the offseason  and got even better. 

Will Grier did the same thing and still was a 3rd rounder.. If this was a better QB class Pickett would be looked at in the same way as Grier was..

By every analyst opinion the only reason these QB are being move up is position value and desperation... Also it clear to see teams in position to get a drafted QB are willing to bankrupt their team for a veteran option instead of the draft option..

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

I'll be interested to see where Pickett ends up and how he plays. Folks here hate him like it's their job. For sure this will be fun to revisit next year.

1 hour ago, WOW!! said:

Will Grier did the same thing and still was a 3rd rounder.. If this was a better QB class Pickett would be looked at in the same way as Grier was..

By every analyst opinion the only reason these QB are being move up is position value and desperation... Also it clear to see teams in position to get a drafted QB are willing to bankrupt their team for a veteran option instead of the draft option..

Yeah Grier wasn’t  the prospect Pickett is. Pickett is accurate with enough arm strength to make all the throws and the speed to extend plays while throwing off the run. The only negative to Pickett is his hands are .5 inches smaller than Burrow’s and he doesn’t have a Rodgers arm. His arm is still plenty good enough for the NFL and he is a first round talent. I think top 10 is a bit of an overreach but QBs get over-drafted every year. Grier aired it out in the Big 12 like every QB that plays in that conference. He had some tools but seemed to lack pocket awareness and had trouble reading defenses on the next level. He also isn’t very mobile. 

1 hour ago, frankw said:

I'll be interested to see where Pickett ends up and how he plays. Folks here hate him like it's their job. For sure this will be fun to revisit next year.

I really don’t get the hate. I’d prefer a couple QBs to him, but I would be fine and excited if we drafted him. People are worrying about him fumbling with his hands, umm let’s not let our QB get blindside tackled enough for it to be an issue?? 

• Beer 1