• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

2 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

If this turns into a recruiting event, that may be the one advantage Rhule has. 

Hopefully somebody told Tepper to get the jet fueled up have Mrs. Rhule whip up a batch of meatballs.

Edited by Evil Hurney
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Watson said he wanted to leave Houston because Mr.Mcnair is racist, and that he doesnt respect him. So anywhere else is better for Watson, bc it sounds personal. So yes, Carolina would be better for that reason alone.

he can say that but I think it goes much deeper and far beyond that

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

They will be doing this desperate restructuring scenario for the next 3-4 years. They are already down to 7M in cap space for 2023. Payton left for a reason. And they can’t even just trade Thomas or anyone else good because the dead cap would hit and destroy them. There is no way to create enough to even get him on the roster. That’s why there are losing a very good LT and FS. The bill has come due and it’s going to take awhile to pay. 

more reason to believe that the Saints are getting involved ot drive our offer up, with little intention to land Watson.  It's a Benson family special. 

Just now, Evil Hurney said:

Hopefully somebody told Tepper to get the Jet fueled up have Mrs. Rhule whip up a batch of meatballs.

When Tepper asks Rhule to leave the room so he and Watson can speak privately that's when Tepper sells his soul and tells Watson he can hand pick the Panthers' next head coach. Hell, Tepper might even whip out some massage oil. The man is desperate.

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

Since I don't want to crowd this Forum with this useless back and forth that YOU started. I'm just going back to stating I wish I could be like you more. You're the end all be all guy. If we only had more posters that could switch allegiances to the Steelers. 

200.gif

Hey dork. I grew up in Pittsburgh in the 1970s. I didn’t switch to them. I’ve always been with them. Just followed CAR with Cam because I’m an Auburn alum. Hopefully your next alt will get it. 

2 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Cause he already jumped the shark and he won't go back on his stance.  He should have just worked things out and played out his contract in Houston IMO.  No reason to throw his career away over being on a bad team.  He is the one who signed that extension with the Texans.  Nobody forced him to do that.

You only get to be in your 20's once.  As a pro athlete, those are prime years I wouldn't be willing to throw away sitting out, personally.

He may not like the Houston Texans or their management, but what exactly is so bad about that org vs the Panthers, Seahawks, etc.  They aren't that bad and now they have Lovie Smith.

If he feels disrespected now I wonder how he felt when texans gave him a huge contract when they didnt have to?  Also the administration is completely new and like you say Lovie is an incredibly loved coach by his players. 

Both teams are expected to meet with Watson, who wants to talk with interested teams before making a decision. Watson needs to waive his no-trade clause in order for the Texans to move him. New Orleans is hard to take seriously as a landing spot given their cap situation, but the Panthers have been connected to Watson for over a year. The Seahawks and Bucs are also still in the mix. 

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Cause he already jumped the shark and he won't go back on his stance.  He should have just worked things out and played out his contract in Houston IMO.  No reason to throw his career away over being on a bad team.  He is the one who signed that extension with the Texans.  Nobody forced him to do that.

You only get to be in your 20's once.  As a pro athlete, those are prime years I wouldn't be willing to throw away sitting out, personally.

He may not like the Houston Texans or their management, but what exactly is so bad about that org vs the Panthers, Seahawks, etc.  They aren't that bad and now they have Lovie Smith.

Lovie Smith is awful. Is that supposed to be a positive? lol

Houston was on thin ice with him, but he chose to sign a high AAV/low year extension to see how they’d handle the roster and staff. They responded by freezing him out of the coach hiring process because Easterby and Caserio are morons.

Edited by Smittymoose

Just now, Smittymoose said:

Lovie Smith awful. Is that supposed to be a positive? lol

Houston was on thin ice with him, but he chose to sign a high AAV/low year extension to see how they’d handle the roster and staff. They responded by freezing him out of the coach hiring process because Easterby and Caserio are morons.

That man got fired at Illinois. Wild that he's now a HC in the NFL again after that disaster.  

Just now, NCTHFL0567 said:

That man got fired at Illinois. Wild that he's now a HC in the NFL again after that disaster.  

He’s a HC due to the Texans’ incompetence. Their floundering around on finding a coach + the timing of the Flores suit forced them into hiring a black coach. He will be the guy for two years or less. 

• Beer 2