• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

8 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I hate to give up Chinn in that big of a package, but Matt Rhule apparently doesn't know how to use him anyways.  I'm mostly concerned about the 3 1sts, but at least we're not giving up our 2nds as well I suppose.

I would think we'd have to lock in DJ Moore long term at that point, and then spend our 2nd and 3rds on OLine and defense the next couple years.

If we'd taken Trey Smith over the long snapper and played Deonte Brown enough to know he's legit, we might actually have a mid tier O-line with Campen coaching them up. Another short term Rhule mistake that mucks up the long term vision. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Chiefzack said:

Hence why I said draft day. New Orleans takes Houston's player at #18, trades him and 3 1st round picks, that's the way around that rule. 

There is absolutely no way this strings out until draft day. Would be a disaster for all parties involved.

• Pie 1

Just now, Shocker said:

NFL has to approve all trades and would nix that shet for sure

Just like the NFL has a salary cap that the Saints are constantly allowed to abuse every year? They're literally pushing back salary in assumption the cap will go up every year, yet the NFL doesn't do crap. The year after Covid they came dangerously close to that, a recession or a massive fan revolt that drops revenue will eventually screw them up, but the NFL will let them pay a luxury tax cause Katrina. 

• Poo 1

3 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

There is absolutely no way this strings out until draft day. Would be a disaster for all parties involved.

Exactly, hence why highest bidder gets him. 

New Orleans will exit the room within so many days,  NO will have to get somewhere close to our offer for the NTC to matter. #18 is nowhere close in value to #6. 

New Orleans would essentially be making Houston lose an entire 1st round pick in value should that trade happen. 

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Funny you didnt mention that yesterday when you were saying the Seahawks were serious contenders for him

Anyone familiar with college football recruiting message boards is aware of the phenomenon of fake insiders, they sound exactly like this with cryptic, wish washy posts that don’t put them on the hook when they’re wrong, but enjoy having a gaggle of posters hang at their every word.

Some of them even have genuine connections, and maybe even believe what they’re posting, only for it to later come out they read waaaaaay too much into whatever tidbit they gleaned from their access.

• Pie 3
  • Poo 1

4 minutes ago, Chiefzack said:

Just like the NFL has a salary cap that the Saints are constantly allowed to abuse every year? They're literally pushing back salary in assumption the cap will go up every year, yet the NFL doesn't do crap. The year after Covid they came dangerously close to that, a recession or a massive fan revolt that drops revenue will eventually screw them up, but the NFL will let them pay a luxury tax cause Katrina. 

Oh I am not defending the Saints whatsoever.  Agree there

10 minutes ago, Chiefzack said:

Hence why I said draft day. New Orleans takes Houston's player at #18, trades him and 3 1st round picks, that's the way around that rule. 

What about the whole Watson no trade clause thing? They wouldn't have the power to do that trade or they would have done it last year

1 minute ago, Chiefzack said:

New Orleans will exit the room within so many days,  NO will have to get somewhere close to our offer for the NTC to matter. #18 is nowhere close in value to #6. 

New Orleans would essentially be making Houston lose an entire 1st round pick in value should that trade happen. 

So if we are “lucky” enough to get him it means we’ll be giving up even more than the massive overpay this was already?  

I believe it, that someone as rash and impulsive as Tepper would promise a draft day deal of 4 1sts, or 3 1sts, 2 2nds, and players.  

Saints front office must be having the time of their life knowing they win either way

4 minutes ago, Chiefzack said:

I’ll be honest, I doubt Texans would let him meet with the Saints if they weren’t okay with whatever they could offer. Why bother? 

It will be worse than what Carolina will offer, but it will still be a ransom.