• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

11 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:
12 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Deshaun Watson was drafted 12th.  Every other QB starting in the league was drafted.  WTF are you even talking about?

I said the bust rate on QBs in the first round is about 50%. This has been analyzed over and over by a number of different people. 

So what?

As a fairly adept reader of English I have to interject in smittymoose and shockers discussion.   Every position in the NFL has washouts.  QB gets more attention.  But the proven Commodity argument is weak.   Injuries and self inflicted stupidity doom the best on the regular.  I'm not gonna go out tommorow and trade for a QB that despite being 26 is on the verge of a decline.  A year away from football, off field issues and forcing a trade does not scream longterm answer.  It screams another strikeout at QB for a franchise that's QB carousel has been burning.  If we draft a kid and he don't work out it's typical but if Watson torpedoes the future and fails then.  

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

Looks like Ellis deleted the tweets about allbright stating tepper said he would give Watson power to choose next head coach 

Oh yes, and let me explain my reasoning behind that: I reached out to Albright, he responded back, because I wanted a little more clarity on what he meant by this. I was not on the zoom call, a couple of reporter friends of mine texted me about his comments. 

When I asked Benjamin for little more context, this was his response, and then he deleted it: 

CDBC6434-8D13-421C-9D6F-6C6522164812.jpeg

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

25 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

It’s over if Saints are ahead because we never can come from behind just like in real life game.

No offense, but you’ve been saying it was over for days now, even said it when Albright and Verge had us as the favorites. Try to stay positive, we arent done yet. 

Edited by The Lobo

5 minutes ago, ellis said:

Oh yes, and let me explain my reasoning behind that: I reached out to Albright, he responded back, because I wanted a little more clarity on what he meant by this. I was not on the zoom call, a couple of reporter friends of mine texted me about his comments. 

When I asked Benjamin for little more context, this was his response, and then he deleted it: 

CDBC6434-8D13-421C-9D6F-6C6522164812.jpeg

Just out of curiosity, who is heading the negotiations? Is Rhule involved? 

19 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Just out of curiosity, who is heading the negotiations? Is Rhule involved? 

I haven’t been given a direct answer from the team on that, but perhaps somebody else has. I’m going to assume collaboration—it’s won them a few Scrabble games in the past.

I do get a sense that Matt is a little less involved than before, but I don’t think he’s out of touch here in terms of being a part of the negotiation. I am willing to bet David Tepper is in on every phone call, zoom call, whatever the hell call they’re on at any moment. The Watson play feels very much like his baby, Scott was barely here when that was getting amped up. Dan Morgan is pretty busy these days.

Edited by ellis
  • Pie 7