• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

34 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

On the flip side for the Seahawks  I think Pete is about to retire in a year or so. So ownership there could be saying the same types of things.

It's a possibility.

I fully expected Carroll to retire this year and was surprised when he didn't.  On the other hand, he appears to be in great shape for someone his age.  Would not be surprised if he outlives tubby Matt Rhule.

Pete's already been through a rebuild with Seattle, so he isn't going into it blindly.

If Carroll's retiring in the next year or two chances are he already has an exit plan in place (and has shared it with ownership). 

I seriously doubt the Seahawks would have kept him around for a rebuild if he wasn't committed to seeing it through.

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

If he is traded here and plays another 10 seasons the deal might be worth it

Not if he doesn't being at least one ring here. You give all that up for one player you'd better fuggin win at least one championship. 

• Pie 2

50 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

No team other than the moronic Panthers would trade for Darnold last year. Why would teams trade for him now that he has proven it wasn't just the Jets making him look bad?

That’s not true. Several teams were interested. 49ers were ready to pull the trigger before they traded up. Only one team could actually trade for him, Carolina had the misfortune of being that team.

my prediction. 

3 firsts, 2 seconds, DJ and Darnold for Watson and a 3rd. 

they have to dump darnold to free salary to cover the cost of trading  CMC to buffalo for 2 2nds. 

they will then free salary by converting Watson salary to bonus, freeing 20m

sign a solid fa guard. Move Christensen to LT. Draft a lb in the 2nd. A DE in the 3rd. A guard in the 4th. WR in 5th. 

• Pie 2