• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign RB D'Onta Foreman

SgtJoo

8 minutes ago, KSpan said:

I don't disagree about Hubbard being a poor receiver last year - it was frustrating watching him drop ball after ball tossed right to his hands. I'm just saying that Foreman getting Jordan Howard-esque usage in the passing game year after year does not give a positive signal for his potential in the area, even if he doesn't drop the few that come his way. 

Time will tell, but at this point it seems a pretty limited signing.

Chubba is alright but yeah he had bricks for hands. To me that was only part of the issue. We had actually a decent run game in 2020 with Mike Davis. If we were going to draft an RB that should have been the type we were looking for to spell a back like McCaffrey. Instead we drafted one in similar style. That's one more knock for this staff. Though they seem to be at least recognizing some things like that now but that could be because other people are making decisions.

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, frankw said:

Chubba is alright but yeah he had bricks for hands. To me that was only part of the issue. We had actually a decent run game in 2020 with Mike Davis. If we were going to draft an RB that should have been the type we were looking for to spell a back like McCaffrey. Instead we drafted one in similar style. That's one more knock for this staff. Though they seem to be at least recognizing some things like that now but that could be because other people are making decisions.

I thought Abdullah looked pretty good last year, even better than Hubbard all things considered, but having him, Hubbard, and CMC all on the team is completely redundant. Seems like unless Hubbard cures his dropsies,  dropping Hubbard for a more complete player like Abdullah, adding a heavier runner, and having CMC would be a better way to go. Who knows where this all shakes out though.

• Pie 1

16 hours ago, Monrowed said:

Definitely less of a Temple/Baylor type player 

You definitely are very incorrect with that statement. Temple ran a 22 personal set that ran the ball down people's throats. Rhule adapted the RPO when he went to Baylor because that is what Texas HS offenses look like and those were the kids there at Baylor. This is more of a Temple type of player than anything. Do you want to see an offense that Rhule wants.....go watch Tennessee. That's east coast football. Run the ball and be stout on defense with a game manager type qb..I mean that has won quite a few championships over the years. Patriots anyone

2 hours ago, stbugs said:

Guys always run pro days faster. Byrd was Bo Jackson at pro day. Funchess shaved .2 off his combine time at his pro day and as we know he’s not a 4.5 guy.

A 4.45 pro day is probably closer to a 4.65 at the combine. Not bad for a big back but not blazing.

My comment was that if he was a real 4.45 at the combine, there is no way he wouldn’t have run because that speed and size would have gotten him drafted earlier. Derrick Henry ran a 4.54 at the combine and that was impressive. Fournette was 4.51 at 240 and went 4th. Foreman was a 3rd rounder.

Cool

28 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

This signing has me believing we are going to get Watson and CMC will be part of the deal. Hubbard and Foreman could be a nice duo for us.

Either that or we have another taker for CMC,   Maybe another first and we package that with one more 1st rounder next year..

Thoughts?

They want more CMC in a more flexed role with 2 backs on the field and a goal line back since Cam isn't there.

And Chuba sucks.  

19 minutes ago, jamos14 said:

They want more CMC in a more flexed role with 2 backs on the field and a goal line back since Cam isn't there.

And Chuba sucks.  

3.6 yards per carry isn't great but considering we had no passing game and a porous offensive line.  I'd say that wasn't bad.  

I'd like to see him behind a competent offensive line.