• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold vs Baker Mayfield training camp

Zod

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

It wasn't "that one". Virtually every post you were making yesterday was looking to pick a fight.

I wasn’t try to pick a fight. I was just being honest about how I feel. Whats the point of being on a panthers board if you can’t express your feelings about the players and team. I could have prob gone about it differently but I know now. Like I said, sorry. 

Baker would at worst be an average NFC quarterback.

With Watson suspended for most of next season most likely, there's only two true elite QBs in the whole conference, Brady and Rodgers.

In fact, if we signed Baker and he reverted to his pre-injury form, the only teams with for sure better QBs would be:

Tampa
Green Bay
Dallas
Arizona
LA
Minnesota

That's how weak the NFC is at the position.  Only 6 out of 15 other teams with for-sure better QBs.  If you believe we'll have something bordering on a great defense, and that we can overcome Rhule, no reason we wouldn't be competing for a playoff spot with Baker

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I honestly have no idea but that Darnold trade would definitely get thrown back in our face. He's gotta be worth more than Darnold.

Darnold had 2 years of control left (one of them fairly cheap) and that relationship wasn't openly soured. Sure we all knew they were taking Wilson at 2 to replace him but it wasn't a public spat like whats unfolded in Cleveland. 

Baker has 1 year of control left playing on the 5th year option then will be up for a new contract. Hes coming off season ending surgery (to the non throwing shoulder, I'm not worried about it) and there is no way he plays again in Cleveland the way things have unfolded. 

I think we're looking at a future conditional 4th here. I'd do a 3rd if they'd take Sam in a swap. Maybe even a pick swap from 6 to 13 with Baker and Sam swapping teams too. 

I have to say the more I think about this the more I like this option. We've at least seen big time throws from Baker we haven't seen from someone like Jimmy G. He's got more of an attitude/swagger like a Cam and isn't afraid to be a vocal leader - Something we have sorely missed on this team.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I honestly have no idea but that Darnold trade would definitely get thrown back in our face. He's gotta be worth more than Darnold.

I didn’t want this team trading for another qb because they suck at it. But at this point I really don't care what they do. My interest as once long time fan has gone from a devoted fan to a laughing outsider.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I didn’t want this team trading for another qb because they suck at it. But at this point I really don't care what they do. My interest as once long time fan has gone from a devoted fan to a laughing outsider.  

Total poo show. But let's be honest, we all knew that was guaranteed as soon as Rhule wasn't fired. This is a wasted year.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Total poo show. But let's be honest, we all knew that was guaranteed as soon as Rhule wasn't fired. This is a wasted year.

The fate of this team is tied to the decisions David Tepper makes. Rhule is just an unwitting participant in it all. Rhule is in over his head and Tepper is doubling down on a bad investment like its the stock market hoping someday it will payoff. Neither know how to fix it. I'm surprised it took most on here this long to figure it out. 

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Beer 1

On 3/16/2022 at 12:41 PM, Mage said:

Mayfield has his problems but he'd easily beat out Darnold

To be honest depending on what the Browns would be asking for, I'd be cool with Mayfield as QB.  

I'm not so sure. Baker's had a top 10 OL and OBJ and we're debating it.