• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watson Watch Day 4 - The Finale

Zod

I believe today we will hear where Watson will be landing.

How things stand:

- Watson has completed meeting with teams.

- He has said he was impressed with all, will be a tough decision.

- Rumors say he prefers Atlanta, then New Orleans, then Carolina.

- Some circles believe Carolina is still the destination and the rest is just window dressing intended to increase the price. 

- He may be stalling to see what Atlanta can come up with as far as receivers go, hoping they can improve. Right now he would have one target in Pitts, and he likely will be in the trade package.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3

4 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

Pitts isn’t in the trade package. Falcons aren’t about to eat $8.5M in additional cap to trade him. And, surprise, he has the same agent as Watson. 

Then they might get Watson for nothing.

• Flames 2

Again HOU still holds a good bit of power in this. If the falcons don’t give up a sizable amount they are not going to trade him there. Like if deshaun says “I’m only waiving my NTC to the falcons” then ATL could theoretically lower their package price. HOU can just say “no their trade package isn’t near enough” If deshaun refuses and says he’ll sit next season they can go after his money. If ATL is the place you’re gonna see Matt Ryan traded today. And their trade package needs to be in the same ball park as everyone else. And they’re gonna have to do some insane moves to get their cap ready. That’s the only way. 

I have a feeling there is going to be two teams he waives his NTC unless! The falcons have a trade package that is gigantic like other teams, their cap is ready and Matt Ryan is traded. That’s why everyone is saying this just seems unrealistic but crazy things happen.

Edited by TheRumGone

13 minutes ago, Zod said:

I believe today we will hear where Watson will be landing.

How things stand:

- Watson has completed meeting with teams.

- He has said he was impressed with all, will be a tough decision.

- Rumors say he prefers Atlanta, then New Orleans, then Carolina.

- Some circles believe Carolina is still the destination and the rest is just window dressing intended to increase the price. 

- He may be stalling to see what Atlanta can come up with as far as receivers go, hoping they can improve. Right now he would have one target in Pitts, and he likely will be in the trade package.

1. What is the allure with New Orleans over CAR? I could understand with Sean Payton as the HC. But you’re going to a place where a legendary head coach just left, they missed the playoffs, and Dennis Allen is at the helm now? Not to mention the sorcery that Loomis pulled to create $100 mil in cap room is for sure going to catch up to them in the next few years. Don’t understand NO at all. 

2. The Atlanta situation to me seems like it’s completely about home comfort (which isn’t real) and not about football at all. The front office in ATL imo is one of the worst in the league. Even after they canned Dimitrov. They are digging themselves out of contracts that he left them. Fontnote is ok I guess? But he’s had one off-season. Basically he made one move last year…Kyle Pitts. He drafted Richie Grant who basically couldn’t get on the field? The falcons football situation is horrendous outside of maybe their coach and GM. The roster needs a ton of work and they have zero resources for multiple years. Then if they trade all the resources they have for Watson….I almost hope that if he doesn’t come here he goes there. Bc they’re going to be a dumpster fire for years even with Deshaun.  It’ll be a revolving door of old, overpaid free agents who get injured. 

Contrast those situations with what Fitt has prepped for the last 12-15 months. It’s not close as far as who has the best football situation. Rhule aside (he’s replaceable). Our cap is the best possible scenario. We’d lose very little that isn’t replaceable with free agents or draft picks. We’d be the the east coast version of the Rams in 18 mo. 

• Pie 3

12 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

Pitts isn’t in the trade package. Falcons aren’t about to eat $8.5M in additional cap to trade him. And, surprise, he has the same agent as Watson. 

Falcons have nothing to trade without Pitts or Terrell. 

Edited by unicar15

When I was just a little boy, 

I asked my friends, will Watson be here?

Will he be strong, will he be good?

Here's  what they said to me:

Que sera,  Que sera.,

Whatever will be, will be. 

The future's not ours to see,

Que sera,  Que sera!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1