• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Life without DW4

Not giving up on DW yet....

But, I think signing Winston or Mariotta makes the most sense unless we fall in love with a QB in the draft.  I do like Pickett, and think a rookie would generate some excitement for the fan base.  But we would need to shore up the LG and C spots as well as MLB prior to the draft in order to take a QB at 6.  

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

People say this years class is poo but want the Bama QB after absolutely eviscorating Mac Jones for months 😂

I guess Mac Jones was just a skinny white dude that had a dad bod at age 21? But all he did was win and make throws! I guess that was only because of the talent around him? But, Bryce Young doesn't have good talent? 😂

Just now, stbugs said:

While I was the conductor on the tank for Trevor train and I agree with your premise, the two things above conflict. If you want to make a run at a QB, we need losses. You don’t want a vet bridge QB to limp along, you pick your Jimmy Clausen and run. I’m think Sam is that guy or maybe Walker.

It still saddens me that we wasted all that cap and picks on Teddy and Sam when in 2020 we had the Will Grier express to take us to the promised land and at worst we got the bounty of picks from SF. Would have made getting Watson easy peasy.

I’m not necessarily saying tank. The chiefs(Pat)  rams(Goff) eagles(wentz) all gave a load up to move up and get their guys from deeper in the first round. We would prbly be giving up way less than we are willing to right now with Watson. 

I say sign Marcus or Jameis because you know Rhule knows he is a lame duck and isn’t gonna ride with Sam either way. 

3 minutes ago, Louie said:

I guess Mac Jones was just a skinny white dude that had a dad bod at age 21? But all he did was win and make throws! I guess that was only because of the talent around him? But, Bryce Young doesn't have good talent? 😂

People play favorites too much based on their favorite college it's why you can't have a basic fact based talk about quarterbacks here.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

What I see in Bryce is a skinnier, slower version of Kyler Murray. I don't question his skills but I do question his ability to physically withstand the punishment the NFL game dishes out.

That’s a fair assessment. He just has ridiculous arm talent and is extremely cerebral. Playing under BoB he’s seen a high level system. 

Yup. IMO this is what it would have to be. Stand by…pick up assets by trading CMC, Robbie, maybe DJ. Try to keep the defense together so it doesn’t need work. Build the OL. Draft the QB of the future in 2023. Fire Rhule after we have the worst record in the league. Start over. 

• Beer 1