• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers are OUT of the Watson race

Zod

Just now, Jackie Lee said:

That's dumb, the only reason to trade for a guy like that is to have him for 10 years

Hedging against future legal issues and safeguarding against current ones.

I actually think it's encouraging that we drew a line and didn't just do whatever it took no matter what.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, theguy said:

So maybe FO discipline was why Watson dropped us?

Is this a fuging joke?  They're ready to sell the entire farm to land the guy, and wont do this one measly little thing?  Jesus Christ.  What are we even doing here?

So we coulda had him had we just done this one damn thing?  WTF?

Edited by joemac
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

Just now, Jackie Lee said:

That's dumb, the only reason to trade for a guy like that is to have him for 10 years

Yes, but it is good to know we had limitations. Guaranteeing that much money 4 years out? He could tear his knee up in Week 1 and never play again and we would be paying him GUARANTEED money 3 years later. Think of how damaging that would be.

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yup if this is true Tepper truly is a failure. You’d give up all these draft picks and potentially good players and only have him for maybe two years. What a fool if this turns out to be true. Outrageous 

• Poo 1

Just now, PNW_PantherMan said:

How is the Saints roster any better than ours?  AK41's future is in doubt and Michael Thomas is toast.  Who is on that team?

He didn't wanna play for the Panthers.  That's what it is.

This seems like all horse shitt to me. Every bit of it. 

• Pie 1

I guess we'll find out if that's an actual stipulation soon but I really doubt it if he's down to two options now. If ATL really does full guarantee all of it, gives up all those picks and something legal or health wise happens to him they royally fuged for a very long time

• The D 1