• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thoughts on putting Cam behind this line?

RumHam

4 minutes ago, Snake said:

Not necessarily. Sea offense is trash now. Just depends on where Cam feels most comfortable. 

It's tricky, he could wait out the Baker/Winston/Matt Ryan stuff, could wait to see how the draft plays out. We were a poo show last year but he stayed healthy so probably not a major knock on him from other teams point of views

2 minutes ago, stirs said:

With a bad oline, no QB looks good.  With a good oline, many can hold down the fort.

Hang the Newton Jersey up, they will sell you a new one.  Cam seems very slow these days, it won't come back.  Time for a new jersey

Get that Malik Willis jersey ready! 

• Beer 1

16 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Get that Malik Willis jersey ready! 

Or, trade down with Philly

Pick up the Penning kid at LT (if we lose out on Armstead) and then this will give us a solid oline that our 2nd round pick Desmond Ridder can play behind.  He can watch Darnold for a season

9 minutes ago, stirs said:

Pick up the Penning kid at LT (if we lose out on Armstead) and then this will give us a solid oline that our 2nd round pick Desmond Ridder can play behind.  He can watch Darnold for a season

I like it! I just want a young talented QB in case Sam shits the bed again. 

Cam with the way the offensive line is shaping up would be better than any QB on the roster.  He's most likely better than any rookie and free agent we might bring in.   This is also a chance for Cam to show he's really better than what everyone thinks he is.  

Cam still has mobility in the pocket and with a bit more time to throw he might just surprise some of you. He may be washed up but I'm betting he'd be good with this line. 

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, stirs said:

I assume you are saying we are going to trade down and get a 2nd round pick out of it.  That would put us at 51.  I don't think Ridder gets that low.  I've heard he's had some good workouts.   Maybe. 

11 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Last time we put Cam behind a real line we went to the Super Bowl 15-1. Crazy to me that some of y'all aren't even interested in kicking the tire. Sam Darnold is our quarterback ffs.

Some want to point out that Cam went 0-fer as a starting QB.  Behind that line I'm not surprised.  Somehow we survived 15-1 with Remmer at tackle.   I would almost argue that this is a better line than 2015. 

Cam's arm may not be 100% what it was 7 years ago but the situations he was in since he was release hasn't really be fair to him.  This line would be the benchmark of what he really can do. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Cam with the way the offensive line is shaping up would be better than any QB on the roster.  He's most likely better than any rookie and free agent we might bring in.   This is also a chance for Cam to show he's really better than what everyone thinks he is.  

Cam still has mobility in the pocket and with a bit more time to throw he might just surprise some of you. He may be washed up but I'm betting he'd be good with this line. 

I don't think he's washed up. I just don't think he's more than a game manager at this point.