• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Unverified and unsubstantiated....Panthers Closing in on Trade for Love

Biggdaddi1022

10 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Lamar has had a great coach and mu h better teams than the Panthers have fielded in a decade.  Why would they trade him of he's still a franchise qb? 

If he can't get the Ravens to the AFC championship game regularly why on earth do you think he can drag this rag tag bunch to the playoffs? 

It's the same thinking that had everyone sure that getting Watson was going to somehow fix everything. 

I was simply responding to your statement that he's not much of any better than what we currently have. That was an absurd statement.

28 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If you don't want Lamar, okay fine. But he's MILES better than what we currently have. You're talking about a former MVP still in his prime vs. the worst NFL starting QB in recent years.

Also, Lamar is no Cam Newton.  I've been looking for his replacement myself and I've yet to see anything close coming out in the past 5 years.

My hope is that they will eventually find someone that is very damn close. I dream that we somehow landed Lawrence like everyone else. After him it was a toss up.

This year I cannot get excited about any off them. But that is where this staff will go most likely.  I just hope the kid is worth it. 

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I was simply responding to your statement that he's not much of any better than what we currently have. That was an absurd statement.

I over exaggerated yes. But my point was he is not good enough to get this team over the hump.

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Also, Lamar is no Cam Newton.  I've been looking for his replacement myself and I've yet to see anything close coming out in the past 5 years.

My hope is that they will eventually find someone that is very damn close. I dream that we somehow landed Lawrence like everyone else. After him it was a toss up.

This year I cannot get excited about any off them. But that is where this staff will go most likely.  I just hope the kid is worth it. 

I agree Lamar is no Cam but he's definitely no Darnold either. There's a lot of room in between and Lamar is there, granted a lot closer to the Cam side of the spectrum than the Darnold side.

5 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Love has talent, but Green Bay preferred to pay a 36/37 year old QB a ton of money vs letting their first round pick have his shot. I know Rodgers is special, but so was Favre and they let him go for their younger Rodgers back in the day. If GB doesn’t think he is the guy and is trading him for nickels on the dollar that’s a red flag. Similar to what the Jets did with Darnold, except Sam had a larger sample size to see how bad he was/is.

Yep

• Pie 1