• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Don't let Minshew get away..

Jmac

Everyone is talking two rookie QB's and the Jimmy G. types on the market, think you all are making a mistake. This guy can play.

He played for a TERRI LE Jacksonville team and still put up very good numbers. He is only 25 and has alot of guts and determination. 

He is worth a later round to mid round pick next year if we can get the trade with the  Eagles done. Watch some of his tape on Youtube and see for yourself. Our new O.C loves the guy when he coached him in Jacksonville.

Panthers where interested and probably still are. The rookies can go either way (good or suck)..this guy has started in this league and played well with no major injuries. No lose scenerio.

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 7

I would love it. I would keep swinging until we find a franchise QB and wouldn’t blink twice to still pick a QB at 6 and see who wins out. If we sign a vet LT we only have QB to fill. 

Draft Willis at number 6 and let him have a true redshirt year to develop as an nfl QB, Minshew starter, Darnold backup, Willis 3rd string and starts next year.

3 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

I would love it. I would keep swinging until we find a franchise QB and wouldn’t blink twice to still pick a QB at 6 and see who wins out. If we sign a vet LT we only have QB to fill. 

Draft Willis at number 6 and let him have a true redshirt year to develop as an nfl QB, Minshew starter, Darnold backup, Willis 3rd string and starts next year.

Minshew may play well enough to earn and keep the job if given a chance. He is only 25 with no major injuries in his career.

Edited by Jmac
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd be fine with bringing Minshew in as a stopgap for the right price. The right price for me maxes out at next year's 3rd.

I'd rather not trade for any player, but if we were bound and determined to I'd do this at the most 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

14 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

The guy also has the intangibles to be a good leader and is charismatic, would be my choice for the season as long as the compensation isn’t too steep 

For sure. I don’t see him sitting there with his thumb up his ass while Robbie   “Drops-every-other-ball” Anderson stomps up and down the sidelines mother-fuging him to the team, fan, and world.

I’d be all about some Minshew Mania, bring him back to North Carolina. Give the Eagles a conditional fourth that turns into a fifth if Minshew doesn’t start at least 10 games.

They acquired him for a conditional sixth so they are still making a profit off of the trade. If they want P.J. Walker as a backup to Hurts they can have him too, it would send him back to Philly.

• Pie 1