• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kenny Pickett Pro Day today

BurnNChinn

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Philly likes Willis and they have the picks to move up...could they be that desperate?  If so, why not give us Mishew and swap first rounders?  Just a thought.  Saw that idea nowhere but in my head.

I'd be down with that, especially if the OTs are gone. 

Unless Willis is just absolutely spectacular at his pro day. I think Pickett just solidified his top ten pick status with Carolina taking him 6th. Willis might just do the same thing tomorrow and make this decision difficult, but most likely he falls to Atlanta and gets taken 8th. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Philly likes Willis and they have the picks to move up...could they be that desperate?  If so, why not give us Mishew and swap first rounders?  Just a thought.  Saw that idea nowhere but in my head.  If they want to trade up to the giants to leapfrog the Panthers, it would take the 16th and 20th (approx--going from memory) picks--so they would still have 2 first rounders after that deal--#5 and #15.   Philly took Pickett to dinner, the way I understand it.

Also occurs to me that if the Panthers got paranoid about somebody else trading up and snagging their guy, Dan Morgan's got an old friend running the Giants draft who might give him a fair deal to move up a spot.

• Pie 1

Maybe I'm wrong, but I've watched a everything I could find a Pickett at this point, and I think he could develop into something. Originally, I really hated the idea of drafting Pickett (mainly because of my bias for big arm quarterbacks), but after watching so many games it's plain to see why he's rated the best quarterback in this draft class. His arm isn't elite, but he's a great athlete, accurate thrower, sees the field, and has a very focused demeanor. 

The draft is always a gamble, and I'm personally for taking as many shots as possible. If the Panthers draft him and he then plays poorly I think they should just go back to the well and try again. It worked for the Panthers in 2011, and several teams since. 

I don't think adding another "piece" this year is going to move the needle, and with the positive moves made this off-season I feel as if we're not going to be drafting this high again (especially with our cratering division).

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Unless Willis is just absolutely spectacular at his pro day. I think Pickett just solidified his top ten pick status with Carolina taking him 6th. Willis might just do the same thing tomorrow and make this decision difficult, but most likely he falls to Atlanta and gets taken 8th. 

O way his pro day is better then fields

6 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

Originally, I really hated the idea of drafting Pickett (mainly because of my bias for big arm quarterbacks), but after watching so many games it's plain to see why he's rated the best quarterback in this draft class. His arm isn't elite, but he's a great athlete, accurate thrower, sees the field, and has a very focused demeanor. 

In a West Coast type system like we run, accuracy, touch and timing are way more important than a big arm.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

I mean considering that David Carr was in a Panthers uni at one point... 

Don't tell me you don't remember the saucy flip for a first down he had?

Not that it has anything to do with Pickett, but I've long maintained that Carr actually could have been a good quarterback. But in his first few years with the Texans, he got the sh-ttiest coaching imaginable.

They didn't feel it was necessary to teach him to read defenses. They just had him throwing to a spot depending on what the play was.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

In a West Coast type system like we run, accuracy, touch and timing are way more important than a big arm.

Exactly. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Rhule pushes for a trade up to secure Pickett. It's who they need to make the offense work this year.

• Pie 1

Just now, Krovvy said:

Exactly. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Rhule pushes for a trade up to secure Pickett. It's who they need to make the offense work this year.

Pointed out elsewhere that the guy who holds the #5 pick right now is pretty good friends with our Assistant GM.

A deal to move up a single spot wouldn't necessarily require huge compensation, especially if the two guys making the deal are on good terms.