• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Malik Willis Pro Day

I just checked a mock draft (today's date) and Willis was going to the Lions at #2.  That is consistent with the banter on a few Detroit message boards. There was concern that Goff is better than Willis, but would not be by 2023.  I see the Lions taking Willis at #2 or getting rich with draft picks from a team like the Steelers to move up.

Edited by MHS831

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

I guess this is better than the tiger woods gif you posted after we traded a second for Darnold.

He's pretty transparent about which QB's he takes a liking to. Hopefully if we draft Willis types like that will be boycotting the team and do us all a favor.

9 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

Mike Vick sucked tho.

Vick was a bust for a 1st round pick. Should have been no more than a late 2nd rounder right after Drew Brees. Drew Brees should have been a late 1st rounder like Rodgers.

The Chargers got it right with LaDainian Tomlinson and Drew Brees in that draft. Almost got it perfect if they took Steve Smith in the 3rd round. Chargers coaching staff at the time was much like Rhule though with Riley running it into the ground regardless of talent.

Malik Willis is more like Akili Smith than he is Michael Vick.

1 minute ago, CPantherKing said:

Vick was a bust for a 1st round pick. Should have been no more than a late 2nd rounder right after Drew Brees. Drew Brees should have been a late 1st rounder like Rodgers.

The Chargers got it right with LaDainian Tomlinson and Drew Brees in that draft. Almost got it perfect if they took Steve Smith in the 3rd round. Chargers coaching staff at the time was much like Rhule though with Riley running it into the ground regardless of talent.

Malik Willis is more like Akili Smith than he is Michael Vick.

Vick was a bust lol.. ok see yourself out sir.

3 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Vick was a bust lol.. ok see yourself out sir.

2 playoff wins in separate seasons. No game winning drives in the playoffs.

One season with more than 10 wins.

One division championship.

51 losses and 15 game winning drives.

That would be a big fat L for any #1 pick in the draft. And the Falcons traded what for that #1 pick?

Brad Johnson, Jake Delhomme, and Drew Brees had more success than Vick in the NFC South from 2001 to 2006, and you did not have to blow all that draft capital to get them.

Why would you even have low expectations for a 1st round QB nevermind a QB with the #1 pick in the draft? If your expectations are that low, than just wait until the 3rd round to draft a QB.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Lol you think Wilson is “Far superior” athletically than Willis????

He is. Are you people blind?

He went off at NC State. FNG STATE.

Then he played pro baseball. 

Then he went off at Wisconsin. 

Then he started as a rookie. 

Then he won a Superbowl. 

I might hate State but you have to give credit where it's due.

• Poo 1

4 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

2 playoff wins in separate seasons. No game winning drives in the playoffs.

One season with more than 10 wins.

One division championship.

51 losses and 15 game winning drives.

That would be a big fat L for any #1 pick in the draft. And the Falcons traded what for that #1 pick?

Brad Johnson, Jake Delhomme, and Drew Brees had more success than Vick in the NFC South from 2001 to 2006, and you did not have to blow all that draft capital to get them.

Why would you even have low expectations for a 1st round QB nevermind a QB with the #1 pick in the draft? If your expectations are that low, than just wait until the 3rd round to draft a QB.

Vick looked pretty good on the Eagles. I blame the shitty organization that is the Falcons that caused him to come up short. Honestly he couldn’t stay healthy from what I remembered, but he was fun to watch. 

• Pie 1

Steelers love Willis according to lots of draft Twitter I've seen. If they wanna move up ahead of, say, Atlanta, I'd absolutely trade down with them to get more picks to fix this roster. Especially if they're offering maybe their second this year and a first or second next year, which they might need to to move up from 20 to 6. 

If they traded up that far for Willis while giving us picks, I'd be down for drafting Pickett or Corrall at 20 at that point. Other than that I still think the best bet is passing on this class and thinking long term.