• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For the Rhule haters

Adb6368

While I respect your opinion, I still don't think Rhule should have kept his job after last season. 

We could go into the reasons, and none of that really matters because he'll be here for this season. And that's what we've got to look forward to.

The off season has looked good so far, thanks to a dodged bullet, but it looked somewhat promising this time last year, and the year before that. 

So, I sit here awaiting something... either Rhule pulls off a miracle and I can believe in him again, or Tepper pulls the trigger and I begin to believe he really does want to win here. 

• Pie 2

The recent Rhule love is very confusing to me, he's done nothing to earn it. Panthers still are gonna suck ass next year (but prob not as much as the Falcons) and he's still gonna get fired. Nothing he did jumped our win total up that much, but I guess the draft and his one whole pick in the top 100 are gonna turn this thing around.

Also he settled for Mcadoo, he was like plan D. Thinking it was some genius move is just delusional.

Edited by Sean Payton's Vicodin
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 2

19 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

The recent Rhule love is very confusing to me, he's done nothing to earn it. Panthers still are gonna suck ass next year (but prob not as much as the Falcons) and he's still gonna get fired. Nothing he did jumped our win total up that much, but I guess the draft and his one whole pick in the top 100 are gonna turn this thing around.

Also he settled for Mcadoo, he was like plan D. Thinking it was some genius move is just delusional.

People were pretty high after last seasons offseason too. The recently locked Darnold thread on all the praise Fitt was getting for the 2021 draft is evidence enough. Yet when it came to the on field performance reality hit us fast.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, rayzor said:

We weren't playoff bound, but last year should have been a winning season. You give a coach that kind of contract and he sure as he'll should have been winning.

For any head new head coach with a team, the expectation should be winning year two and playoffs year three. No excuses. You don't pull those off, you're looking for a new job.

Why on earth should we have had a winning season last year?   Who predicted that?  I know some huddle homers were expecting better than Vegas' line at 7, but expecting a winning season....sheesh.

Then after CMC and Horn went down, to still expect it, that's like uber homer.

I don't think Zac Taylor, Kyle Shanahan, or Ron Rivera had winning second seasons.  Shoot I don't think Kubiak or  Bellicheck  did either.

I don't want a revolving door of HC's keeping us in the basement. But if Rhule isn't going to grow I want him gone too.

Rhule's screwed up, for sure, and Tepper has decided to keep him another year.  So be it.  I'm willing to wait to see if he can right the ship.   

• Pie 2

9 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

We saw it when he benched Cam for Sam and then went into that merry-go-round QB situation.

This pissed me off more than anything.  Cam was thrown into that  crappy shambles of an offense with 2 seconds to prepare.  He didn't look great, but Sam had all season  to show what he could do with with it with a full preseason to learn it.

Rhule should have never done that to Cam.  The Cam situation has not be handled properly since Rhule came on the scene, no doubt.  Cam may be on the decline, but that was outright wrong.

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, davos said:

McAdoo was unemployed when we hired him, it’s not some good hire people make it out to be simply because he’s a failed HC/once looked like a good coordinator.

And regarding the crux of this being “yeah he sucks, just get over it”? Okiedokie 👍 haha

To be clear I do believe he was employed the last two seasons, most recently with Dallas as a offensive consultant or something to that effect. 

I think the point is he should be better than Brady, and Matt's former roommate. 

• Pie 1

46 minutes ago, firefox1234 said:

People were pretty high after last seasons offseason too. The recently locked Darnold thread on all the praise Fitt was getting for the 2021 draft is evidence enough. Yet when it came to the on field performance reality hit us fast.

Outside of Darnold last off-season was pretty solid. The OL signings flopped, but there wasn't a good class. Seems more like they banked on trait, and former draft status and failed. 

However Reddick, and Fox helped the defense, the Perryman signing was good but cutting him wasn't. Dan Arnold was good but Tremble was better than expected and they turned him for Henderson. 

Getting a shot at Gilmore for a future late wasn't bad either. Its just Darnold was SOOOOOO BAD, then mismanaging Cam again. 

• Pie 1

41 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

To be clear I do believe he was employed the last two seasons, most recently with Dallas as a offensive consultant or something to that effect. 

I think the point is he should be better than Brady, and Matt's former roommate. 

Lol I didn’t like Brady but don’t see how we can say he’s going to be better already. He doesn’t have a great track record so far, not seeing this going well imo

10 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Easy. Because it’s the GM’s job to go out and get FAs. Rhule was more involved before because we had lame duck Hurney and first year Fitterer. Makes sense Fitterer would be taking over completely for this now. 

Everything I've always heard says Rhule has final say.

1 hour ago, poundaway said:

Why on earth should we have had a winning season last year?   Who predicted that?  I know some huddle homers were expecting better than Vegas' line at 7, but expecting a winning season....sheesh.

I don't think Zac Taylor, Kyle Shanahan, or Ron Rivera had winning second seasons.  Shoot I don't think Kubiak or  Bellicheck  did either.

I don't want a revolving door of HC's keeping us in the basement. But if Rhule isn't going to grow I want him gone too.

Rhule's screwed up, for sure, and Tepper has decided to keep him another year.  So be it.  I'm willing to wait to see if he can right the ship.   

That should have been the expectation. A good coach would have made that happen, especially one that had control over personnel. From the outset, that should have been the expectation along with a playoff run in year three. Make it happen. You chose the coaches. You chose the players. It's your team.... Make it happen.

I don't want a revolving door, but more than that, I don't want us settling for a  bad coach. 

What makes it so bad is the contract he was given. I know, not my money, but someone committed to success should have expected more and should not settle for less.

Rhule was a bad hire. Giving him that much control was a mistake. Giving him that much money and that long of a contract was a mistake. When you make a mistake, you fix it. Tepper didn't and we're stuck with a mistake. 

I'm a fan of a team that doesn't know how to win. Am I impatient? Damn right. I'm not settling for failure just because I'm "a fan."

The point of the game is winning and we are consistently missing the point and have done it for years.

We've never been a team that is consistently good, but there used to be up years that you could see a bit of sunshine. Since Tepper bought the team, that just hasn't happened. 

My problem is, we are making mistakes over and over. When we do make mistakes, we aren't noticing fast enough and then we aren't doing enough to rectify it.

It seems that some of Rhule's power or at least influence in personnel decisions have been tweaked, so there is a sliver of hope there. But so far, Rhule has been a failure and this being Tepper's team, he's a failure too.  The burden is on them to prove they aren't. 

They don't get a restart. The expectation for year 3 of Rhule's tenure is a playoff run. You see that happening? I sure don't. I'd like to be wrong and I hope I am, but I have zero confidence in Rhule making that happen because he's given me no reason to believe that's possible. 

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, rayzor said:

That should have been the expectation. A good coach would have made that happen,

There were coaches who didn't win their second year who went on to the SB.    Considering we were decimated talent wise when RR left, and the injuries last season, expecting a winning season with Sean Payton, the SB champs and GOAT in your division isn't realistic.  Cleveland had the same standards when they fired Belichek, to start the coaching carousel.

I'm not happy with Rhule, but I don't seethe with hate toward him either....certainly not enough to make post after post, thread after thread, whining and bitching about him.

We'll see, I don't see us in the playoffs, but then again I didn't expect the Bengals in the SB this year.  We could have a better year than we are expecting and that's part of the fun of being a fan. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, poundaway said:

Should be a really interesting season. 

• Beer 1