• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Corral Pro Day Today

ForJimmy

3 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Agree…I watched his highlight videos and was like damn he can drop the ball in the bucket from 60 yards with ease.  I watch a game of his touches and he missed some wide open TDs badly.  My knock on him is probably that I really don’t know if he is dedicated to getting really dialed in and perfecting his game.  

Pickett is clearly the most refined guy at this point.  Again though…not a huge upside but he is a good athlete.  Good arm and had far and away the best season last year.  

Of course, Blaine Gabbert looked good his last year in college too and couldn’t take the next step up.  

We're probably looking at a quality career backup in Pickett, Gamble with Willis, and an often injured Mayfield/Heinicke journeyman type in Corral

6 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

We're probably looking at a quality career backup in Pickett, Gamble with Willis, and an often injured Mayfield/Heinicke journeyman type in Corral

Possible…the fact that people can’t agree on the top guy is telling.  The guy that hits is probably given time and goes to a great situation.  Like every draft

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Possible…the fact that people can’t agree on the top guy is telling.  The guy that hits is probably given time and goes to a great situation.  Like every draft

It’s funny how I thought we had a terrible situation months ago, but with our OL coach, McAdoo, and our FA pickups I feel we are a solid place for a rookie QB. Not top tier, but no longer the bottom. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Hard to say--I am not sure, based on the available perspective personnel, that filling the QB position can be done with an available veteran or a rookie--so maybe the plan is for both?

That still does not leave room for LT, which makes me think that it is possible they will go with BC if they cannot get a veteran cheap.

18 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Pickett is better then a back up but he just doesnt have the "it" factor do make a deep run.  He will win a lot of games but never will be able to put the team on his back when he has to

Willis is a huge gamble and needs the proper infrastructure to develop, something we dont have and even if he did the things he has to improve on may be just too much to overcome

Corral, I just dont see what he does very well.  He has a quick release and can throw on the move but other than that I just dont see it.  Plus the attitude question marks would make me think twice at picking him at 6.

• Beer 1

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Pickett is better then a back up but he just doesnt have the "it" factor do make a deep run.  He will win a lot of games but never will be able to put the team on his back when he has to

Willis is a huge gamble and needs the proper infrastructure to develop, something we dont have and even if he did the things he has to improve on may be just too much to overcome

Corral, I just dont see what he does very well.  He has a quick release and can throw on the move but other than that I just dont see it.  Plus the attitude question marks would make me think twice at picking him at 6.

Man, we are desperate but honestly.  Pro comparisons for these guys.  Willis isn’t Mike Vick or Lamar.  Not near those guys honestly IMO.  Corral, is he Matt Ryan or Derek Carr?  Again he isn’t as good as either guy.  Pickett, so many questions, but guys like Cousins or Carr, he isn’t as good.  We probably force one but if they all fail it would not be a big surprise.

• Beer 1

After our FA pickups I'm starting to favor trading back, especially if there's not an OT there. If the QB doesn't work out then hopefully the other picks will turn into productive players. If we stay at #6 I'm hoping we pick BPA and get someone who will a good player for us for a long time whether its DE, WR, S or even CB. We really need to nail our #1 pick at 6, because the late round guys we bring later won't be able to contribute much unless we get really lucky (or our scouts and staff knock it out of the park).

• Beer 1

28 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

It’s funny how I thought we had a terrible situation months ago, but with our OL coach, McAdoo, and our FA pickups I feel we are a solid place for a rookie QB. Not top tier, but no longer the bottom. 

It's hard to feel too bad for Darnold, on his bed of money, but we've done him dirty if we draft a QB at #6 and pick up say Brown to play LT (and pair him with Corbett and Bozeman). 

The zealots will see it as confirmation that Darnold sucked - but to me they'd be setting up the new QB for success after setting Darnold up for failure behind that OLine last year.

1 minute ago, OldhamA said:

It's hard to feel too bad for Darnold, on his bed of money, but we've done him dirty if we draft a QB at #6 and pick up say Brown to play LT (and pair him with Corbett and Bozeman). 

The zealots will see it as confirmation that Darnold sucked - but to me they'd be setting up the new QB for success after setting Darnold up for failure behind that OLine last year.

You can only have so many chances to flash some potential. The Jets gave up on him and we are after one year. No one else was really interested unless you believe that Niners rumor. I just don’t think that every NFL team’s staff is wrong about Darnold. I watched him make some terrible decisions with actual time to throw the ball…

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

You can only have so many chances to flash some potential. The Jets gave up on him and we are after one year. No one else was really interested unless you believe that Niners rumor. I just don’t think that every NFL team’s staff is wrong about Darnold. I watched him make some terrible decisions with actual time to throw the ball…

I saw him get a concussion and a fractured shoulder blade. 

The video focused on his throwing motions.  That was relayed through the broadcasting early on in the workout.  Everyone was questioning that, even the announcers were. Word came in that was the focus.  Not sure why.

The coaches certainly were looking at something, especially Rhule.  Rhule was up his ass in the videos.

I agree it was certainly unprofessional.  There didn't seem to be a plan and it certainly didn't look rehearsed.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1