• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Replacing Reddick

Proudiddy

I know our staff has said they see Luvu as a starter-quality edge guy, and while I appreciate his potential, I also think it is fairly important to bring in a proven guy just to cover all of our bases.

I'm thinking Clowney or Zadarius Smith.  Both guys can play all 3 downs, will provide pass rush but will also be more stout against the run than what we had last season. 

I wonder why we haven't heard any whispers about this position of need?

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Smith signed with Vikings yesterday big contract. We won’t spend that much but I agree we need to get someone 

Wow.  Hadn't seen it.

It just doesn't seem like a very deep FA class for pass rushers this year either.

Based on signings like Wilson, and Littleton, I think we see a trend back towards more DE's as the edges in our fronts versus an EDGE LB'er. 

With that in mind YGM is the immediate beneficiary, and in Nickel fronts / pass downs -- Haynes / Luvu will spell. I think we continue to see hybrid fronts. 

I am also not against adding -- Clowney / Ingram / Hughes as veterans to add to the rotation.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, SetfreexX said:

Based on signings like Wilson, and Littleton, I think we see a trend back towards more DE's as the edges in our fronts versus an EDGE LB'er. 

With that in mind YGM is the immediate beneficiary, and in Nickel fronts / pass downs -- Haynes / Luvu will spell. I think we continue to see hybrid fronts. 

I am also not against adding -- Clowney / Ingram / Hughes as veterans to add to the rotation.

Would love to see them get Ingram

I think we may feel that we have it covered with Luvu and Haynes.  Both were on the brink of breaking out--both simply needed more time on the field.  Their production vs. the number of snaps they played was impressive--I see the point, but I think we might lose a sack or two, but we might not.

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

I think we may feel that we have it covered with Luvu and Haynes.  Both were on the brink of breaking out--both simply needed more time on the field.  Their production vs. the number of snaps they played was impressive--I see the point, but I think we might lose a sack or two, but we might not.

Burns has to start converting on more of his near misses, too. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

There hasn’t been a more overrated football player the past two decades than Jadaveon Clowney. He was a decent college player but was very big beneficiary of the social media boom and making some highlights on ESPN. 

Lazy.  His work ethic is (reportedly) non-existent.  He has always gotten by on his natural ability--which is impressive.  For example:

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2020/4/17/21224921/work-ethic-concerns-trailed-seattle-seahawks-jadeveon-clowney-since-being-drafted-texans-free-agent

Edited by MHS831

4 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

There hasn’t been a more overrated football player the past two decades than Jadaveon Clowney. He was a decent college player but was very big beneficiary of the social media boom and making some highlights on ESPN. 

Some players make their name on one highlight.

spacer.png

• Beer 1

Reddick played out of his mind last year and was a key reason the D started out so strong.   We should have signed a 2 year on that one, but oh well.   I don't think Haynes or Luvu have the abiltiy to do as well as Reddick did.  I would be very happy if we put some capital there.

• Pie 1