• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gilmore update

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

Honestly at this point and as good as he was and is, I think we need to get more reps to our young guys. 

We needed to retain him or Jackson, we kept Jackson, time to let Horn and Henderson get their reps. 

It's not about the reps. The young guys will get it. It's the experience and wisdom he brings as one of the best to the younger guys. That is worth another year or two alone. Gilmore > Jackson 10 times out of 10.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

So, traded a draft pick to rent a pro bowl player for 9 games during a losing season because the front office, ownership, and coaches thought they had a playoff team on their hands. Reactionary emotional management at its finest.

A home town pro bowl player that playoff teams value and can utilize. The Panthers however can't seem to locate that same utilization and value for Gilmore that a SB contender can?

This team hasn't had a plan since Rhule and Fitt have been here. Just playing with the billionaire's money and treating players like they're a shiny kids toy to lose interest in. They obviously can't solve the puzzle that is the NFL and leads to being a champion.

You have to love how a SB contender can lean in and tell the Panthers they'll take that junk off their hands as the Panthers look confused as to how to make Gilmore fit and produce wins.

I never thought the Panthers would reach the Jets/Lions level of low, but now here we are. May it have anything to do with tapping into that Jets incompetent culture through the likes of Rhule and Fitt who love their NY Jets mentors/consultants? Tapping into the Giants culture was bad enough under Gettleman. This is worse.

Panthers started by tapping into the Steelers/Cowher, 49ers/Walsh, Washington/Gibbs, Eagles/Reid cultures for 20 years. Then they decided to jump off the rails and run with the Giants/Coughlin culture - a mixed bag of hit and miss. Now, we have the Jets Woody Johnson/Terry Bradway (no coach because the 2 of them use coaches and GMs as fall guys) culture seeping into the organization.

Bradway's son played for Matt Rhule and while Johnson/Bradway have stayed short of success for decades they have their relatives being funneled in to executive positions around the NFL. The Panthers are now the Jets-lite and this will likely go on for decades with Tepper as the owner.

I don't believe they even care about winning creating a winning/championship culture. I think the Panthers under Tepper are now a training ground from athletes to coaches to front office for the bigger markets and championship teams.

• Beer 3

4 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

If Gilmore signs soon are we in line to get a comp pick next year?

From what I've heard people say, not much of one. Maybe a fifth rounder if that.

But given how many free agents we've signed, I'm not expecting anything.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1