• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CharlotteObserver Ellis Williams. What are Panthers going to do at QB

raleigh-panther

42 minutes ago, Lets go get it Canes said:

Running QBs will never win you super bowl. So many people impressed will they QBs throwing at air. 

I think the idea for WIllis is to try to develop him into a Josh Allen.  Cannon arm, great athlete and develop him into a pocket QB who can keep the defense honest and extend plays with his legs.  I hope no one's plan is to Mike Vick him and have him constantly run/take hits.  

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Kakalaki said:

Is it being a Cam nut hugger to say Newton gives Carolina a better chance to win in 2022 than any FA or QB in this draft, because he most likely does. Fans want to see Cam with time to throw

Do you have a numeric coincidence to support it?

1 hour ago, Kakalaki said:

Is it being a Cam nut hugger to say Newton gives Carolina a better chance to win in 2022 than any FA or QB in this draft, because he most likely does. Fans want to see Cam with time to throw

No, thats called being delusional

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

18 minutes ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

Jhc does anybody here think logically...

NONE OF THESE QBS WOULD MAKE THE FIRST ROUND NEXT YEAR

It doesn't matter how they would do in the 2023 draft, it doesn't matter how Willis would do in the 2018 draft.

They're in this draft, and we have the 6th pick in this draft, and we're not bad enough to get a top 3 pick in the NEXT draft with the "good qbs"

• Flames 2

4 minutes ago, tecc86 said:

It doesn't matter how they would do in the 2023 draft, it doesn't matter how Willis would do in the 2018 draft.

They're in this draft, and we have the 6th pick in this draft, and we're not bad enough to get a top 3 pick in the NEXT draft with the "good qbs"

It doesn't....so you would pick joe blow in 2022 because just have to have a rookie vs getting a better qb in a better qb class

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

I feel like we have a big 4 based on value/need in Icky, Neal, Willis, Pickett.  If they are all gone by 6 we could trade down or look at plan B which is Corral/Cross or of course another position...

2 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

I'm staying at 6 and if the 2 LT's and Willis are gone already I'd trade back 3-10 spots or so for a 2nd rounder, grab Penning or Zion,  grab whatever in the 2nd between the best QB/LB/DE available

My only question to both of you what if we can’t trade back it’s not that easy in that small window to get a offer you like etc. my question what do we do if we don’t have that trade back option Willis and both top LT’s are gone. The top CB or DE good enough?

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, trucpfan said:

My only question to both of you what if we can’t trade back it’s not that easy in that small window to get a offer you like etc. my question what do we do if we don’t have that trade back option Willis and both top LT’s are gone. The top CB or DE good enough?

I think that scenario would be Pickett.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, trucpfan said:

You see it the way I do. There's is no guarantee you'll be able to trade back. If you unable to move off of the 6th spot when you're on the clock what's the plan? And, let's say you do trade back, you still may not get the guy (s) you want.

I definitely wouldn't draft a CB. A stud pass rusher would be nice, but I think you'd have to go with a QB, unless the team acquired a starter between now and the draft. 

4 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

It just doesn’t make sense for a desperate HC to draft a qb who will obviously not save his job.. 

It does if he thinks that quarterback will save his job.

For what it's worth, word has been that the Panthers staff doesn't see this year's quarterback class as a bad one.