• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold outta here?

Zod

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

But we can. How did he play when he wasn't the oldest guy on the field and wasn't surrounded by an above average veteran team?

Screenshot_20220324-203120.thumb.png.5607073dca42991a350800836b5e096b.png

Oh wee mayne.

Without an extra year of eligibility, Pickett is entering the draft as a senior coming off a 2400 yard 13 TD 9 INT season. He's going undrafted in last year's draft. Reality.

But he has that extra year and he kicked ass…

10 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

Last year:

1) We had a terrible O-line

2) Our best offensive weapon missed most of the season.

3) Our OC had a predictable scheme that was ridiculed around the league

4) We could not make adjustments that allowed us to score in the 2nd half (especially quarter 3)

5) We received virtually no production at the TE position.

Saying Sam didn't play well is an understatement, but all of the above things are weren't all his fault. Cam and PJ didn't look any better when they were taking snaps. All three had to run for their lives because of our poor pass blocking.

I'll get flamed for this, but if we draft a LT instead of a QB I wouldn't be totally opposed to seeing what Darnold can do in a McAdoo offensive scheme and behind a James Kampen coached O-line. If he sucks (highly likely), then he'll be off the team and allowed to hit the market in 2023. But, what if the light comes on and leads to a ressurection of his almost dead career? I don't think any QB could be fairly judged playing behind the woeful Panther 2022 offensive line.

Darnold sucks. You gotta give up. I said before we traded for him that he has a fatal flaw. He's a panicker. You can't fix panic. It'll always rear it's ugly head.

• Pie 2

12 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

He is and I laid out why. I can't help it if your reading comprehension limits you from understanding why.

My reading comprehension is fine. Your assertion and explanation is the issue. It's all over the place.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Darnold sucks. You gotta give up. I said before we traded for him that he has a fatal flaw. He's a panicker. You can't fix panic. It'll always rear it's ugly head.

Yup. You’re right about that. And he’s broken. No fixing him unfortunately 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

100% agree with you! Rhule isn't gonna go into this upcoming season on one of the hottest seats in the NFL with Sam as the starter!

1 minute ago, unicar15 said:

He’s young. He literally had a better year than Burrow statistically. Put him behind a solid line with CMC as a security blanket and the rest of the team….he’ll roll. 

Then why does the Cardinals want to ship him?  Don't bother to answer that. You think it will be different here. Just like it would be different for Teddy, and Sam, and Cam. It won't. 

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

Last year:

1) We had a terrible O-line

2) Our best offensive weapon missed most of the season.

3) Our OC had a predictable scheme that was ridiculed around the league

4) We could not make adjustments that allowed us to score in the 2nd half (especially quarter 3)

5) We received virtually no production at the TE position.

Saying Sam didn't play well is an understatement, but all of the above things are weren't all his fault. Cam and PJ didn't look any better when they were taking snaps. All three had to run for their lives because of our poor pass blocking.

I'll get flamed for this, but if we draft a LT instead of a QB I wouldn't be totally opposed to seeing what Darnold can do in a McAdoo offensive scheme and behind a James Kampen coached O-line. If he sucks (highly likely), then he'll be off the team and allowed to hit the market in 2023. But, what if the light comes on and leads to a ressurection of his almost dead career? I don't think any QB could be fairly judged playing behind the woeful Panther 2022 offensive line.

We have 4 years of evidence on Sam he is who he is a trash QB! Rhule isn't gonna go into this season on one of the hottest seats in the NFL with Sam starting!

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

He had the second highest completion % in the league last year. He was 7th in QBR. He was 8th in rating. He accounted for 30Tds. If he does that here and doesn’t turn the ball over we’re in the playoffs and may win the division with our Defense

Nobody cares about making the playoffs. Only about winning the Superbowl. 

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep. So let someone else fall into the trap of recency bias and overlook all those factors he had going for him this year and way overdraft him. He's still the same mediocre guy. He didn't change, the situation did.

Mediocre guys don’t normally go 4300/42/7 in the ACC. Just sayin….I’m not even that high on him but he’s a better prospect than Howell by just about every single metric and analyst. Not just me.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Im not gonna disagree with you. But what's making him panic? Is he afraid of getting hit? Is the scheme too complicated? Has he lost his confidence? 

I think some guys just have inherit greatness? Some need to be nutured just a bit. I wouldn't care if Sam was off team in 2022. That said, I  still think the right coach could probably get a lot more out of him than Adam Gase, Joe Brady, and Matt Rhule did. 

1 minute ago, joemac said:

Mediocre guys don’t normally go 4300/42/7 in the ACC. Just sayin….I’m not even that high on him but he’s a better prospect than Howell by just about every single metric and analyst. Not just me.

I have to disagree.. He did that 1 season..

Howell was doing those types of numbers for 3 years.. Even in a down year "regression" he had 30+tds..

• Pie 2