• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold outta here?

Zod

Pickett, Corall, and Willis are NO better than Sam ... this year. That's a fact. What can they turn into? No one knows. I don't want that gamble. I'd rather pick from a better pool next season where ... you may actually know. The question is, will we be inept enough to have a great pick in 2023. All these new signings point to no. Really tough spot for the FO.

1 minute ago, joemac said:

Mediocre guys don’t normally go 4300/42/7 in the ACC. Just sayin….I’m not even that high on him but he’s a better prospect than Howell by just about every single metric and analyst. Not just me.

It literally just happened this season. A career mediocre college QB came back as the oldest guy on the field now surrounded by an above average college team in a down ACC and it all combined to make him look like something that he's not. It's an illusion. Someone is gonna take the bait and way overdraft the guy. It's probably gonna be us.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

It literally just happened this season. A career mediocre college QB came back as the oldest guy on the field now surrounded by an above average college team in a down ACC and it all combined to make him look like something that he's not. It's an illusion. Someone is gonna take the bait and way overdraft the guy. It's probably gonna be us.

The same could be said for Joe Burrow.

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

I have to disagree.. He did that 1 season..

Howell was doing those types of numbers for 3 years.. Even in a down year "regression" he had 30+tds..

Howell had one of the worst college OLs I've seen in recent years this year and only one legit receiving target. It's real obvious when these analysts have only watched games from this season. Of course he was one read and bolt. He had to be.

9 minutes ago, CMAC22 said:

We have 4 years of evidence on Sam he is who he is a trash QB! Rhule isn't gonna go into this season on one of the hottest seats in the NFL with Sam starting!

If I were in Rhule's situation I wouldn't want to either 😂😂

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Does anybody know wtf is going on?? And why this is even a topic.....

No, but thread summary to save your time:

- Zod whispers sweet nothings into our ear 

- Doom and gloomers flip out

- LG does LG things (yawn)

- Jon Snow still knows nothing

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

Im not gonna disagree with you. But what's making him panic? Is he afraid of getting hit? Is the scheme too complicated? Has he lost his confidence? 

I think some guys just have inherit greatness? Some need to be nutured just a bit. I wouldn't care if Sam was off team in 2022. That said, I  still think the right coach could probably get a lot more out of him than Adam Gase, Joe Brady, and Matt Rhule did. 

His nature. People are either calm, cool, and collected in pressure situations or they're not. I firmly believe that isn't a coachable trait. You have it or you don't.

• Pie 1