• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold outta here?

Zod

57 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

I'll stick with Sam.

We’re gonna give up an asset to get rid of Rhule’s mistake? That is some trueeeee BS. We better get something in return for that young player other than just “take this poo 5th year option we shouldn’t have given up anyway.”

17 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Zob is quoting Sheena now...... 

My guess to whom the young players are - CJ henderson, TMJ, thats about alll.....i doubt someone who moved the checks til future years are in...

It’s not happening. Trading a player on a team friendly deal that is a producer is way too much of a net negative rather than just keeping Darnold. 

Nobody is dumb enough to do this. Trading Darnold to get rid of his contract? Sure. Trading a young contributor to fix a one year mistake? No way in hell. That’s a “hey I’ll give you a 5th rounder to take this contract” kind of deal. 

1 minute ago, unicar15 said:

It’s not happening. Trading a player on a team friendly deal that is a producer is way too much of a net negative rather than just keeping Darnold. 

Nobody is dumb enough to do this. Trading Darnold to get rid of his contract? Sure. Trading a young contributor to fix a one year mistake? No way in hell. That’s a “hey I’ll give you a 5th rounder to take this contract” kind of deal. 

Never say never. 

10 minutes ago, frankw said:

Long term? It's one year. And he is clearly a bust. Even the Jets and their knuckledragger fans know this. Did Jimmy Clausen have any staunch fans still drinking the koolaid like this? 😂

God you people are not smart.

Yes long term.

If he goes off next year great for us long term.

If we trade down get oline help. Plug another hole it's good for us long term.

If he fails miserably and we get a top 5 pick next year when the QB class is better it's good for us long term.

If we bring in Baker and he's the same Ole average guy bad long term.

If we draft Willis waste 2 years with him and he busts bad long term.

If we take Pickett or any of these scrubs and they cap out at Kirk Cousins bad long term.

So yes sticking with Sam next year is our best long term Option. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, joemac said:

What do you mean? Absolutely nothing has changed. Only peoples weird, off base analysis here and on Twitter.

I know. I was joking. When the organization makes a good move it’s because Rhule has been stripped of any decision making, when we make a bad move, he’s back in total control. It’s funny to me.

• Pie 3

8 minutes ago, joemac said:

Because if we can ship him off an pawn that 19 mil on somebody else, and get a pick back why not??

If we're getting a pick back, cool...  but I thought this was about getting rid of him, which usually costs the team unloading the bad contract a pick to get the other team to take it.  And for us to need that cap space, I can't think of what expensive FA we could be adding at this point besides maybe bringing back Gilmore and getting Clowney?

And I also hate to imagine what young player we're giving up to get a team to take him and give us a pick, unless its like YGM, it just seems like cutting your nose off to spite your face.

4 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

God you people are not smart.

Yes long term.

If he goes off next year great for us long term.

If we trade down get oline help. Plug another hole it's good for us long term.

If he fails miserably and we get a top 5 pick next year when the QB class is better it's good for us long term.

If we bring in Baker and he's the same Ole average guy bad long term.

If we draft Willis waste 2 years with him and he busts bad long term.

If we take Pickett or any of these scrubs and they cap out at Kirk Cousins bad long term.

So yes sticking with Sam next year is our best long term Option. 

Sam or no Sam this team is not getting a top 5 pick next year. We have been awful the last three years and the best we could muster was 6. Those win streaks with Kyle Allen and Darnold only set us back further. The universe enjoys laughing at the Panthers.