• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Also, FWIW, Jonathan Alexander Doesn't Think It's a "Strong Possibility" That Cam is Coming Back

Proudiddy

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

I asked him on Twitter yesterday, and I was a bit surprised by his response in contrast to the rumors we were hearing that he already had an offer from us and was just waiting to let everything else play out...  the whispers in the other thread sounded like it was likely.  Can't say I blame Cam considering who we have as coach, but I would've loved to see what he could do behind a legit OL with a legit OC calling plays.

Why would Newton want  Rhule Clown Show part 2

Cam said as much in his exit interview with the press

Cam got his closure, he made some money, he said his goodbyes   

his exit interview tells everything anyone needs to know about what he thinks of the current organization 

love him dearly.  I’ve wished for two years now for his retirement   I don’t want him to sound like a punch drunk boxer when he is 50

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, onmyown said:

Cam is awful…not sure why that’s so hard to accept

suuuuuurre he could prolly make something happen with some legit weapons, legit HC, legit OC, legit Oline, legit defense keeping him on the field, and refs who call fair games, no doubt.

but people need to realize the more you rack up all these requirements the less it sounds like he can still play because that’s just not reality

So who is succeeding WITHOUT those things currently 🤫

1 minute ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Same 3 posters saying the same thing for the last 3 seasons, and they’ve been wrong everytime 

get out your feelings 

They are always in a Cam thread, yet always crying about how the board won’t stop talking about Cam!!11!

• Flames 2

19 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

So who is succeeding WITHOUT those things currently 🤫

Off the top of my head Burrow just went to the super bowl is one of the worst olines in the league…

the patriots went to the playoffs with a rookie who only passed 3 times one game for a win…and their leading receiver was the same as cams with not that many more yards…their second best recover also didn’t have but a couple hundred more yards so weapon wise I’d say they were not all that better, RBs did better though, they got by on great defense, coaching and scheming 

The titans have an oline that has been built for Henry and are god awful at pass blocking they got to the second round of the playoffs, due to execution and scheming…defense was decent but not all that great

i could keep going on 2021 playoff teams

really only the rams were the only team to have it all, though the refs weren’t always on their side, and that’s a situation you all want to see cam in but it’s unbelievably rare

in previous years even the chiefs champ teams had oline issues

point is these would all be and have been used as excuses as to why cam won’t succeed but in reality something isn’t going to be perfect and I’d rather find a QB that can overcome that…cam certainly could in his prime, now, there is just no way

Edited by onmyown

16 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Same 3 posters saying the same thing for the last 3 seasons, and they’ve been wrong everytime 

get out your feelings 

what has cam done in the past three seasons?

let me guess, there are a lot of reasons it’s been nothing

here is why I don’t think cam has even gotten a back up offer…officially reported that is

his play style is nonconformist, you’d have to have a completely separate playbook/plays for cam than your starter, if you don’t, you’re not using him for what makes him special and it’s pointless

ideally you want your backup to at least come in and be able to carry over a lot of what your starter has been doing, asking everyone to switch it up can compromise the season

honestly for these reasons i do give credit to the panthers for being able to float with Anderson behind cam, that was impressive but generally that’s a lot of work to put on coaches and players, not impossible, but not ideal

GOAT Belicheck tried but I think at the end of the day he realized it would take a lot of personnel changes to get the most from cam, and he went to a rookie qb that plays safe, traditional, and did better, that Patriot already had a defense that was in the top for points allowed, an above average oline, obviously supreme coaching, albeit abysmal weapons …and could not make it work,

the only thing that changed in all that was 300 yards from the top two receiving threats and giving the RB those rush yards instead of cam…and a rookie QB who played safe, that’s all it took to get into the playoffs

2 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Teams were teeing off on our offensive line.  Once we were in obvious passing downs we didn't stand a chance with that line.   Cam still had the pocket awareness and tried to make thing happen but when those defenders are right on top of you there wasn't much he could do.  You make it sound as if the problem was Cam.  IT CLEARLY WASN'T HIM.  We all know this.

Comparing him to any opposing QB is ludicrous. 

Um that's not what I said. We know the OL was very bad. He is not the same passer he was in his twenties though that is the reality I was speaking on.