• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Giants open to trade

Mr. Scot

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

You're just not getting #5 and #7 for #6 and next year's 1st. The Giants' GM would get ROASTED for that move and he'd deserve it.

It's the offer I'd open with at least.

If they don't like that, then you negotiate.

And as mentioned, you have Dan Morgan be the one that makes the call so that negotiation is happening between old friends.

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The Panthers reportedly don't think this year's quarterback class is weak.

Thats because we have a FO and owner that are geniuses that know better than the rest of the NFL circle. 

It has worked out so well the past couple of years, these guys are smart, dont worry.

Edited by PootieNunu

Trading next years first when are far from being a SB contender makes no sense. Even if our organization believes this draft class isn’t week, no QB in this class has the same “it” factor of a Cam or Andrew Luck.

Even with Cam we went 6-10 his rookie year and we are far from being the NE Patriots who can protect our rookie QB like they did Mac. Good chance our 1st round pick is in the top 10 again next year.

Edited by firefox1234
  • Pie 1

So next years qb class is way better, and you wanna take a chance on a qb this year when the potential for bust is much higher on these qbs in this class. Especially with the coaching and culture we currently have. Just take OL in draft and keep picks next for year. Leave these 2022 qbs alone. 

• Beer 1

26 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

What I suggested constitutes a package, but I'd throw in a player like Robby Anderson with no trouble.

What they are most likely talking about is a package that includes some teams 1st this year + that teams 1st next year.

For example the Giants 5th pick for Washington's 11th this year plus Washingtons 2023 1st.  That trade is actually pretty close on the charts.

Or Pittsburg's 1st this year and their 2nd next, even though Pittsburg's 1st this year is 20th so they would have to add even more to it.

Sounds like the Giants brass is eyeing the thought of going after a Qb next year and trying to have ample options and capital if needed to make moves. I know they are looking at money too because  of trying to trade Bradberry but they are clearly white flagging this season. 

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's the offer I'd open with at least.

If they don't like that, then you negotiate.

And as mentioned, you have Dan Morgan be the one that makes the call so that negotiation is happening between old friends.

If your old friend called you trying to buy your house for half of it's market value you'd probably be kinda pissed at him for trying to rip you off. Just saying.

• Beer 1