• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

They must have a QB plan...

Jmac

4 hours ago, Jorgie said:

Best case scenario is that mayfield is still available going into the draft. 

That would enable us to go bpa or trade back. If he’s gone we’re drafting Pickett.

Also with the way this off-season is going league wide, I wouldn’t rule out us making a big move out of left field

Mayfield doesn't want us (and the feeling is mutual,).

36 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

The presumption was the Jets fuged up Sam. 

Sam was also 23 when they made the trade. Younger than Pickett. 

I’m arguing not my view, but the staffs view. 

And from that view (developmental) giving up after 3/4 of a season is silly. 

And I must live in a different reality because the average person is absolutely impatient, not just with fandom but every aspect of life 😆

My argument is don’t trade for a developmental QB if you aren’t going to develop them. Every QB decision so far has been a debacle. Cam, Teddy, Sam, Cam again. Maybe the 5th go will work. 

I honestly think they thought getting Sam away from the Jets would cure him and that he would play better last year. When he not only played badly but worse statistically compared to his last 3 years they knew they fugged up. 
Sam had all the problem he showed last year in college. 
I am not impatient. I am frustrated because I knew what happened last year with Darnold was going to happen. It was predictable. 
But our coaching staff thinks that they are QB whisperers. So we ended up with a really expensive backup called Sam Darnold that we may have to endure watching play for another season. 
I take solace in if he does start Rhule is hopefully gone. Unless Darnold somehow is fixed. But if the past NFL is any indicator once a QB is broken he can’t be fixed. 
Darnold gonna be seeing ghosts for the rest of his life. 

44 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I honestly think they thought getting Sam away from the Jets would cure him and that he would play better last year. When he not only played badly but worse statistically compared to his last 3 years they knew they fugged up. 
Sam had all the problem he showed last year in college. 
I am not impatient. I am frustrated because I knew what happened last year with Darnold was going to happen. It was predictable. 
But our coaching staff thinks that they are QB whisperers. So we ended up with a really expensive backup called Sam Darnold that we may have to endure watching play for another season. 
I take solace in if he does start Rhule is hopefully gone. Unless Darnold somehow is fixed. But if the past NFL is any indicator once a QB is broken he can’t be fixed. 
Darnold gonna be seeing ghosts for the rest of his life. 

When you play the guy behind an Oline as sh%tty as ours (was), what the fug did they expect? They put the cart before the horse as usual.

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

The plan is Kenny Pickett.

I’d be surprised if it isn’t Pickett at this point. Unless they really decide to roll the dice with Willis, we’re likely selecting Pickett and will have to come to terms with it in a month-ish

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

I'm thinking restructuring CMC plus the urgency to dump off Darnold this offseason means we're going after an established star, MVP-potential QB...  I could only think of Carr off the top of my head, but this would be on par, of not better than that.  I'm certain it's gonna be Murray or Carr.  We're not moving that money for other positions bc we could fill those holes with the money we already had...  it's gotta be a big name QB we're still going after.

If it’s Carr then McDaniels is getting Brady to the Raiders. They’re not trading for Davante and then trading Carr for picks. 

• Pie 1