• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Everyone I've talked to, thinks and believes the Panthers will trade back"

TheSpecialJuan

40 minutes ago, Kakalaki said:

Cross is of the ilk of Neal and Ekwonu so if they will sprint to the podium for Neal or Ekwonu, they will for Cross too .. and I doubt all three are gone by 6 - I don’t think we are trading back

If we’re moving to a downhill running offense we’re probably not looking a Cross. He is known for his pass protection but wasn’t asked to do much run blocking in college. 

• Pie 2

40 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I think the Steelers love Willis--and if Willis is available, we can get #20 and #52 and the 2023 first rounder.  That is huge because the Steelers are likely to finish at the bottom in 2022--especially with a raw, developing QB.  THAT would give the Panthers 2 early first round picks next year if they don't find a QB this year.  I think it is a long-term play, but it is the play to make if Pittsburgh decides to get ahead of Atlanta (8) and Seattle (9).

Tomlin has never had a losing season. Wouldn’t expect too high of a pick.

Edited by PantherKyle
  • Pie 5
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Newbie said:

If we’re moving to a downhill running offense we’re probably not looking a Cross. He is known for his pass protection but wasn’t asked to do much run blocking in college. 

The nfl is a passing league.  We are morons to try and run some antiquated system.  Take cross and the next coaching staff will be thrilled.   

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

Yeah Fitterer comes from Seattle, their whole philosophy was about stockpiling picks. Fitterer traded down like what? 4 times last year? He definitely wants some 2nd and 3rd round picks, it just a matter if he gets an offer good enough to justify it.

If he doesn't move down and drafts Neal/Cross/Ekwonu, there are always a few QBs that fall lower than projected. If Howell/Strong/Ridder is sitting there in the late 3rd, i wouldn't be surprised to see Fitterer maybe try to move up before the end of the night.

57 minutes ago, Kakalaki said:

Cross is of the ilk of Neal and Ekwonu so if they will sprint to the podium for Neal or Ekwonu, they will for Cross too .. and I doubt all three are gone by 6 - I don’t think we are trading back

Not really. Neal and Ekwonu and more power guys with better run blocking skills. Based on out FAs I could believe that we would pass on Cross honestly. 

15 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

The nfl is a passing league.  We are morons to try and run some antiquated system.  Take cross and the next coaching staff will be thrilled.   

It's not an antiquated system. We saw it in the playoffs last season. IF MacAdoo does something similar to what the Giants ran then the passing game will be WC style with a lot of quick reads and shotgun. The power run game helps set that up and helps keep pressure in check as they must respect the run. It also sets up play action which is very effective. This is why I'm so big on Pickett. He is the only QB that I see in this draft who has the accuracy and quick release to make such an offense click. 

• Pie 2