• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PJ Walker vs Malik Willis

5 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

It's almost as tiring as HIS ARM OMG HIS ARRRRRRRRRRM! We get it, you think Willis is the second coming of Cam and Aaron Rodgers smushed together. We get it you think we win the SB with Willis. Take it to a Willis thread that needs to be created and gush there.

You complain more than the people you complain about.

• Pie 4
  • Flames 3

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

We had a thread locked down already from this. Last 9 Super Bowls

Rams- loaded roster, Stafford throws 2 INTs and they still win

Brady

Mahomes- who is very mobile and extends plays/runs for the first when needed

Brady

Eagles- Nick Foles is probably available if you want him

Brady

Broncos- yeah Manning outplayed Cam alright... pocket passer vs runner or elite defense crush our terrible OL

Brady

Seahawks- Does Russ count?  

So 9 Super Bowls ago if you don't count Mahomes and Brady makes up for half of them in between.  If you are living by the pocket passer being your best chance to win a Super Bowl let's go sign Nick Foles, because he won one recently as a pocket passer.

Mahomes and Russ are pocket passers

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That whole "I don't need to watch tape, I just go out and fling it" thing really soured me on Murray.

Yeah I get it. I would imagine he is full of poo with that comment, but I could be wrong. To have success early one like he has at that position makes me think he would have to watch tape. Definitely an odd comment and he is being dramatic about his contract. I mean they are more than likely going to pay him, but he shouldn’t get top money yet IMO. 

If we’re just going to look at stats then why not at least be honest about it.

Willis played in multiple games where the ball was taken out of hands due to the score or he simply didn’t play in the latter stages of the game.

Hell, against UAB (who has a few NFL prospects on their roster) he was 13-19 for 287 yards and 1 TD and ran for an additional 144 yards and 2 TD’s… in three quarters… he didn’t play the fourth.

And speaking of rushing, let’s not forget his 878 rushing yards and 13 TD’s…. compared to Walker’s… *check notes* -100 rushing yards and 1 TD.

If Hugh Freeze wanted to, he could have had Willis put up 4000 yards passing, 38 TD’s, 1000 yards rushing, and 20 TD’s… but the bottom line is that there were eight games where Willis sat due to the score or due to an injury.

On a different note… things could come full circle…

Malik Willis played on Cam’s 7v7 team, went to Auburn, transferred to Liberty and played for Hugh Freeze and now has a chance to be selected by the Panthers and play for Matt Rhule… Charlie Brewer was recruited by Matt Rhule and went to Baylor, after Rhule left, Brewer transferred to Utah before ultimately transferring again to… Hugh Freeze and Liberty (where he’s expected to start this year). And who did Matt Rhule lose to in his first game as head coach of Baylor… Liberty (Turner Gill was the head coach at the time).