• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Duke / UNC game thread

Zod

10 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I have no idea who the little Carolina’s women’s coach is but she is dripping in swag.

Dawn Staley?!  Absolute legend in womens basketball.  She is the best womens coach out there IMO.

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 1

55 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

Well, Carolina was flagrantly fouling the whole game with Bacot performing admirably at middle linebacker.  The final two minutes when the game was entirely up in the air and we saw a phantom foul call on David, then waving off Keels and-one pretty much gift-wrapped the game for the Heels. 

Again, this is nothing new.  Literally any objective viewer knows this happens in almost every matchup between the two.  It's pretty bizarre actually.  I've always called the Tar Heels the Dallas Cowboys of college basketball.  Fans, media, and refs constantly slob on them for some reason.

You can’t be serious. He wasn’t anywhere near started in a shooting motion in the play you’re referencing. Duke is pretty famous for constant hand checking, shoving, reaching, etc. and not getting called for the past 40 years. Hell, their sub big Lil John or whatever his name is would have easily fouled out in the first half had he been called for all the times he pushed his hip out on a screen. 

1 hour ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

Well, Carolina was flagrantly fouling the whole game with Bacot performing admirably at middle linebacker.  The final two minutes when the game was entirely up in the air and we saw a phantom foul call on David, then waving off Keels and-one pretty much gift-wrapped the game for the Heels. 

Again, this is nothing new.  Literally any objective viewer knows this happens in almost every matchup between the two.  It's pretty bizarre actually.  I've always called the Tar Heels the Dallas Cowboys of college basketball.  Fans, media, and refs constantly slob on them for some reason.

Man you must have been watching with Duke Blue Glasses because Duke was getting away with far more than Carolina.  Both halves Carolina had more fouls called against them than Duke.

Let me hand you a couple handkerchiefs so you can cry in them.

Obviously a Dookie.

Enjoy the celebration of the end of Coach K career.   Wasn't it awesome to get double dipped by Carolina.  Ruined your last home game and sent you packing back to Durham a couple of days early.

BTW a typical Dookie always making excuses. 

3 hours ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

In typical Duke/Carolina fashion, the officiating came through to help the heels pull out a BS win.

I'm not a fan of either team, or college basketball in general, but over the years of watching the games I have come to just laugh at how lopsided the officiating is in the matchups between these two.

you mean like the time Williams jumped back about 6 feet, fell to the floor, and the called a charge on Bacot? yeah, that was totes legit.

• Pie 2

While I am a UNC fan in the ACC, I still think Coach K is the greatest college basketball coach of all time. 

And I think Dean Smith is immortal--I know a few UNC players who told me about his relationship with them--(Al Wood, John Virgil) and both said he was like a father to them--during and after they played at UNC.

Coach K started getting into those "one and done" players (everyone does to an extent) and it was not the same for him because both he and Coach Smith helped players grow into men.  We were fortunate to have 2 great coaches in the backyard. 

• Pie 2

Coach K sold his soul and became just another Calipari in his later years. Churning through one and doners constantly looking for the quick fix. At least Cal is fairly honest about what he does. K kept preaching about his "brotherhood" though. Honestly, it was funny watching him delude himself into actually believing his own bullshit and of course the media lapped it up.

• Pie 4

12 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

You must not have been watching the game.  At one point in the 2nd half Duke had 2 fouls and Carolina had 8.  How in the hell is that officiating lopsided to the Tarheels.

9 to 2. To the point, Tracy Wolfson did a report on HD having to talk to the refs about the foul disparity. Something I have not heard in years, or for as long as I can remember. The refs kept Duke in that game, because Duke shot 60% from the FT line. Roach was a non factor after being a factor all Tournament long. And lastly shot 22% from 3. 

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Coach K sold his soul and became just another Calipari in his later years. Churning through one and doners constantly looking for the quick fix. At least Cal is fairly honest about what he does. K kept preaching about his "brotherhood" though. Honestly, it was funny watching him delude himself into actually believing his own bullshit and of course the media lapped it up.

I don't think K has been much of a coach the past 5 years, in my opinion. His assistants have done the majority of the work.