• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Leadership with energy...

Lurk21

13 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

That 1st one was almost like a franchise turning game. After that game, they pretty much knew they could compete with anyone. We have dang near owned Seattle since. lol

Lol  Aye that is pure facts!! Lol The whole vibe of the team shifted!! 

• Beer 1

13 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Lol. So true. How about instead of a rah rah QB, we get one who can sustain more drives and score more points such that he’s tired after each drive and needs to sit down on the bench to receive high fives? We’ve been rolling through QBs that can’t score so they’ve got plenty of time to cheerlead. I don’t want another cheerleader, just one who can win games.

Aye I'm all for an NFL Qb myself.... im just stating it'd be good to have one that the team believes in and can pick the team up when need be. Outside of Cam and Delhomme....every Qb we have had has been stoic and the squad feeds off that stale energy.  1st and foremost  it's obvious  that we need a Qb with skill... but we need a leader on this team bad. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

The thing I want right now is leadership with intelligence.

If they're smart, I don't care if they're manic like Bill Cowher or stoic like Tom Landry.

Definitely  understand  that and that is vital to me too but this team just looks so flat out there on Sundays. We need some type of juice. In an ideal world, you can get both but as long as the team has faith, I'm good. Stoic isn't bad if you got a nice squad built around and good coaching  but we got so many question marks. When coaching looks like it isn't working, we need someone the guys can rally behind. Does that have to be a Quarterback... nope but it does help. Mahomes, Brady, Allen, Rodgers,  Matt Ryan, Herbert, Lamar, Burrow and more are guys you see on the sideline rallying the troops.  

30 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Energy comes with winning. That and that alone builds excitement and energy among the players.

That is true but leadership is a big void on this team.... Look at the Falcons. Even when they were losing,  they fought behind Matt Ryan bc of course they always thought they had a chance but Matt was a leader. He will do the same in Indy. I just hate seeing a Qb(like Darnold etc) just sit and look at a tablet when  things are feeling low. 

5 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I think Shaq is probably a little more vocal than we might know. He just might not be quite as animated as a guy like TD or Cam.

Without seeing a lot of behind the scenes footage, it is hard to know who the leaders are. Offensively, I am not even sure there is even one on the roster.

Here you have the #1 argument for locker room press access. That's the behind the scenes footage the fans need to see. The leaders and the thinkers and the jokers (we need them too!) will stand out and it will translate to the field and sideline because perception is half the battle. Example, when we see Shaq jumping up and down on the sideline we will know it isn't a one time thing.

We all agree (I hope) that we need a highly talented QB. That way the players listen when the QB speaks. When Sam speaks, no one listens. When Baker speaks, no one listens. When Mahomes speaks, the team listens.

Rah Rah QBs who aren't that good make me sick. When a QB is trash he needs to shut up. Players hate rah rah crap when the the QB isn't doing his part.

Stop with the intangibles crap. We need a highly talented QB. Moxie, verve, spirit, that is irrelevant. Put the ball where it needs to be, or get off the team and take your moxie with you. 

1 hour ago, GRWatcher said:

Here you have the #1 argument for locker room press access. That's the behind the scenes footage the fans need to see. The leaders and the thinkers and the jokers (we need them too!) will stand out and it will translate to the field and sideline because perception is half the battle. Example, when we see Shaq jumping up and down on the sideline we will know it isn't a one time thing.

They sort of attempt to do that with the team stuff but I don't think we see much in regards to players really taking charge.

It could be that we just don't have any of those guys.

• Beer 1

59 minutes ago, pantherj said:

We all agree (I hope) that we need a highly talented QB. That way the players listen when the QB speaks. When Sam speaks, no one listens. When Baker speaks, no one listens. When Mahomes speaks, the team listens.

Rah Rah QBs who aren't that good make me sick. When a QB is trash he needs to shut up. Players hate rah rah crap when the the QB isn't doing his part.

Stop with the intangibles crap. We need a highly talented QB. Moxie, verve, spirit, that is irrelevant. Put the ball where it needs to be, or get off the team and take your moxie with you. 

I think that's getting lost in the shuffle.... look at the lost of players I listed... I  dont won't no rah rah that doesn't deliver.... thats pretty obvious. Somehow people think rah rah means a guy that's dancing and hyping with no skill. Each Qb has their own way of speaking up and that's what we need.... Delhomme  was an overachiever... but his rah rah definitely  worked...