• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers terminating Rock Hill project agreements

Dorian Gray

3 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Keep this in mind when you vote later this year…

…CLT City Councilman James “Smuggie” Mitchell said YES to The Big Cat when he was trying to usurp public funds for stadium renovations…

…conversely, Governor Pat McCrory said NO.

And yet Pat McCrory had no problems with public money for an NBA arena, even after voters had rejected it.

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, poundaway said:

That is exactly what you are doing.

Facts.

Nah, I can give heat to more than one person.  That generally is what should happen in a large percentage of scenarios.    You hold everyone responsible that deserves some blame and do it propotionately.    Generally in our society we are content with having one person take the blame and be the poster child. 

Take the football team.  We don't just suck because of Tepper or Rhule or Sam.  We suck because a lot of people are responsible.  Fire Rhule today and it isn't like you can pretend Tepper and Sam weren't players in the mess. 

7 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Nah, you're just muddying the waters. 

Facts

generally with gigantic clusterfugs of this scale, it's not one side 100% at fault.  But view things from that lense if you want.   

I don't do that with this example here and I try not to do that elsehwere in life.   It's how people get off the hook and repeat things.  And also how people get overly blamed and overly punished.  Not a fan of either. 

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

generally with gigantic clusterfugs of this scale, it's not one side 100% at fault.  But view things from that lense if you want.   

I don't do that with this example here and I try not to do that elsehwere in life.   It's how people get off the hook and repeat things.  And also how people get overly blamed and overly punished.  Not a fan of either. 

Whatever

1 hour ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Meh, the land won't go to waste.  A smart developer can repurpose the building if needed. 

I don't see a financial downside for Dave. 

He now owns a large amount of acreage in a fast going region.  Chances are he'll make out like a bandit if he waits a few years before selling it.  

The City of Rock Hill will likely be forced to make good on their contractual obligations or compensate Tepper for his losses. 

The biggest downside for Tepper is he has likely burned some bridges with powerful politicians in the region. 

Rock Hill residents will likely be the biggest losers in this fiasco.  Gonna suck to watch local tax dollars going into a billionaire's pockets and getting nothing in return.

I hope you're right and something comes from this. Would be a shame for all that to be done and then just sit there.

Definitely some people not going to be getting re-elected after this.

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

For what exactly though with this situation?

What has he done illegally?  This is what happens when private companies, and the public do business.  This all goes away if the politicians are held accountable.  Poof...and it's gone.

Tepper is a piece of crap, but we knew that before....Rock Hill played a dangerous game, and it's going to backfire on them.

PSSSSSST...politicians, stop giving rich people tax payers money.

I don't know.  We barely know anything at this point.  That's my point.    

So until we know more, both sides are at fault.  We just don't know to what extent each side is to blame for. 

I got little use for the politican or the mega wealthy in this context.   Those two dancing are always a problem. 

4 hours ago, trueblade said:

Charleston seems like much more of a college sports town, but I see some Panthers stuff from time to time (though less so lately). I'm sure if we start winning again, they'll be more support throughout both states.

I don't generally go to a sports bar to watch the game, I just watch at home.

I see a lot of fans here.  Naturally people wear their gear less because we suck.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I feel like it Rock Hill is going to cave.

They should. 

It's not over.  I think Tepper in the end has good odds of screwing the city, county, state.  It's what big money does. 

Charlotte will be next.   I know people like to think NC is somehow superior to idiotic SC.  But I think this is a prelude to a bigger fleecing. 

42 minutes ago, djp14 said:

And yet Pat McCrory had no problems with public money for an NBA arena, even after voters had rejected it.

That was total BS…

…he learned a lesson and didn’t make the same mistake twice.  

I bump into him now and then and will ask him about Tepper/stadium straight out if our paths cross anytime soon.

1 minute ago, SizzleBuzz said:

That was total BS…

…he learned a lesson and didn’t make the same mistake twice.  

I bump into him now and then and will ask him about Tepper/stadium straight out if our paths cross anytime soon.

i bump into him too and always say "whoa there, are you old enough to be drinking little guy?"