• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers terminating Rock Hill project agreements

Dorian Gray

2 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Hi there, I'm the code enforcement administrator for a mid-size municipality here in NC. Every city and town in the state has a set of local ordinances that regulate everything from grass height to noise ordinances to public nuisances to parking to nuisance vehicles. It's called zoning, planning, code enforcement, etc. 

I'm the guy responsible for ensuring the proper legal notices are issued and nuisance abatement by our contractors is done properly and providing all the information to the accounting folks so they can properly bill the property owner. I have 5 inspectors who each have an assigned area within the city and they issue notices on a daily basis for this kind of crap.

You can't possibly know as much about it as Sizzlebuzz though.

He watches shows about billionaires on TV 😐

Edited by Mr. Scot

2 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

I know business property owners in my city who have a different LLC for each property they own, thereby protecting all their other properties if one tanks.

Matter of fact I was doing some title work yesterday for a local commercial building owner who has 6 buildings downtown, and for each of them the property owner is the address LLC, for example, "123 Main St., LLC." There's no limit to the number of LLCs you can create and they're all separate entities.  

I was just curious about that aspect and the reporting could always be off.  But the reporting keeps using the same LLC for the purchases near BOA too. 

https://www.fox46.com/charlotte/david-tepper-llc-purchases-land-near-bofa-stadium-records-show/amp/

5 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Give me odds Tepper eventually finishes this project in Rock Hill, or anywhere in NC/SC. I’ll lay down some cash that he doesn’t. 

I'm not sure I'd make that bet.

Tepper certainly seems to want his own version of Jerryworld. It's just a question of what he's willing to do to get it.

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm sure you would.

I'm also sure you'd be just as honest as you have been about your father and other things 😆

But. with that said, I'm not desperately trying to convince anybody I'm smart or looking to prove anything to anyone (definitely not you) 😎

Whadya say we make a bet?

What would it take for you to completely log-off of this website for an entire year?

You categorically stated I don't have an MBA "or any other degree"...

...how confident are you in that statement?

4 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Hi there, I'm the code enforcement administrator for a mid-size municipality here in NC. Every city and town in the state has a set of local ordinances that regulate everything from grass height to noise ordinances to public nuisances to parking to nuisance vehicles. It's called zoning, planning, code enforcement, etc. 

I'm the guy responsible for ensuring the proper legal notices are issued and nuisance abatement by our contractors is done properly and providing all the information to the accounting folks so they can properly bill the property owner. I have 5 inspectors who each have an assigned area within the city and they issue notices on a daily basis for this kind of crap.

So specifically which code-violation would you cite Tepper for?

Would you like tape the ticket to one of the steel girders on the unfinished super-structure and hope someone finds it?

Mail it?  

Hand deliver to Mint Street?

What kind of fines are we talking about?

$100?  $1000?

😂🤣

Edited by SizzleBuzz

12 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Whadya say we make a bet?

What would it take for you to completely log-off of this website for an entire year?

You categorically stated I don't have an MBA "or any other degree"...

...how confident are you in that statement?

Your grade school graduation certificate doesn't count, dude 😃

Seriously though, it's not even a matter of confidence so much as it is I just don't care.

I'm amused at how much effort you're willing to put into trying to get me off the forum though 😆

43 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Would you like tape the ticket to one of the steel girders on the unfinished super-structure and hope someone finds it?

Mail it?  

$100?  $1000?

😂🤣

Nah man property owners can do what they want because they own the property. I can build a skyscraper sized strip club right beside a preschool if I owned the property and the city can’t do poo right? 😂😂 Such a dumb comment…

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Nah man property owners can do what they want because they own the property. I can build a skyscraper sized strip club right beside a preschool if I owned the property and the city can’t do poo right? 😂😂 Such a dumb comment…

You can if you have billions and line the right pockets.

53 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Mail it?  

$100?  $1000?

😂🤣

Did you not read his other post?  

It’s a long process but a city isn’t just going to allow a massive liability (in more ways than one) like the existing structure to stand as it currently does forever.   Something would have to happen.  There are codes and laws that address it.  

there you go again, creating Tepper as some fictional character where nothing matters. 

45 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Your grade school graduation certificate doesn't count, dude 😃

Seriously though, it's not even a matter of confidence so much as it is I just don't care.

I'm amused at how much effort you're willing to put into trying to get me off the forum though 😆

Based on your responses in this thread, I'd say you very much care! Lol!! 

Just outside looking in. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Well, if the parcel is owned by same real estate holding company that's filing bankruptcy, the city will have to initiate a legal notice ordering the property owner to remove it as a public nuisance. And because of the bankruptcy, the property owner probably won't comply with the order to remove it, so it will fall on the shoulders of the taxpayers as the city will have to contract someone to tear it down.

The cost of the tear down then becomes due and payable by the property owner to the city and if that bill isn't paid, it becomes a lien against the property. The city then goes to court with a lien foreclosure on the property and takes ownership of it.

@SizzleBuzz

the above would be another great look for the billionaire of the community 

I doubt it gets that far.  Tepper IMO will attempt to make a deal with someone.  But it’s not an easy deal because no one in RH has use for that type structure.