• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Davos' Panthers Plan + Mock Draft

davos

19 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

Don’t get the Ickey love. He’s a distant third imo, but I’d trust the coaches and be happy with any of the 3 OT 

I think Cross could happen and him that low is not indicative of his rank. There may be truth to him at #1 on the Giants board. Both him and Ickey check a lot of boxes. Just depends on what you want out of the gate. Think Ickey will have the best blend of power and technique over time if he stays on his trajectory. Seems really built to handle modern DEs.

2 minutes ago, davos said:

I think Cross could happen and him that low is not indicative of his rank. There may be truth to him at #1 on the Giants board. Both him and Ickey check a lot of boxes. Just depends on what you want out of the gate. Think Ickey will have the best blend of power and technique over time if he stays on his trajectory. Seems really built to handle modern DEs.

Yeah, cross is my run away #1 I’d love if he fell to us. Feels like he’s also the best pure LT, but I will admit an SEC West LT playing in a pass first offense gives me PTSD

1 minute ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Keep hearing NYG and CAR connected to Mississippi St OT Charles Cross. It’s lying season so take it FWIW. If true, NYG should take Cross at 5, knowing CAR is likely to go OT or QB at 6. Then NYG gets same EDGE at 7 as it would’ve gotten at 5. Only potential flaw = CAR trading 6.

— Todd McShay (@McShay13) April 23, 2022

Haha yep. That’s the scenario I referenced at pick 7 for NYG. Even though we’re sandwiched by them, it actually could help us have them pick a DE if they think we’re trading back.

The CB buzz has me thinking it could easily be the case. It’s a bit of a game NYG and us will be playing.

good as any others. always a fan of anyone that sports that avatar @davos

One part I can pick apart is Garrett Wilson WR Ohio State, he could /should go top 5, but waaaaay before 15th. The league changed this off-season for WR value. WRs have the QB deal of being over-valued now... Move up all WR including the bama Jameson Williams who should go top 10 even with a ACL in the bowl game......

...You know fhule is doubling down on Pickett... All the conjecture of this, that and the other ain't happening.... we know his ass... Not sure I like all those braces on Ekwonu's knees at this juncture of his career...

Edited by Pimpdaddy

After watching the Camden interview I want Ikey if he's available. I already liked him but ole' Camden lit my LT fire back up again and Ikey plays hard like he enjoys it. I think he would flourish under Camden and our OL will be solid and perhaps even a strength. Regardless of who is playing QB then it will matter less because we will be able to run the ball and with our D that should be good for more than 5 wins. If we have to we can shoot for a QB next year as we won't have any more excuses as it will be the last piece. 

• Pie 1