• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kia Jones 2021-2022 highlights in Greensboro..

WOW!!

He's Raw but the physical talent is enormous.. He can develop into every night Highlight film with Melo and even a allstar if he can get more technically sound with his post footwork  and ball handling.. Smarter defensively and keep making that outside shot (3 pointer) a reliable weapon..

• Pie 4

7 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

He should've been playing with the big boys all year and getting minutes.  Instead, JB gave us the usual heaping dose of peaked vet in Plumlee.

No point in saying should've, could've, would've. He will get minutes next year along with Thor and Bouknight. Assuming none are traded. 

• Pie 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Positives  He's quick as hell.  Appears to be a good defender.  Lots of potential.

Not saying he is Giannis but Giannis wasn't very big his first couple of season.  If Kai can bulk, with his quickness he could be a real find. 

Negatives

Kai's not going to dunk that this in the NBA.  The majority of his highlights are dunks against players that probably won't ever sniff the NBA.   It's nice to see him make a couple of three but those seem to be far in between.  Anyone know is 3 point percentage.

He needs to beef up. ALOT  He'll get pushed around by quality NBA big men. 

He's improved a lot through out the season and it can be seen even from the highlights (it is way more visible when watching the full matches). I need him to be seeing the nba court next year to get more nba experience. Plus he's got a hell of a motor, improving really isn't a problem for him.

BTW it would be much appreciated if y'all go and give the video a like 🙂

• Pie 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Just going back and watching some of his full game highlights, I think Kai has the ability to make us all forget about Miles.

He really got better in the GLeague. So much so because of his height, defense, his put back ability, blocking, ability to run the floor, his scoring ability he should be in the running for starting PF this season.

I'd move PJ to the 3 to let him dominate smaller forwards. PJ can guard those guys and he does have the feet to keep up and enough length to make it difficult for a 3 and he doesn't have to guard bigger guys night in night out.

I'd put Bouknight at the 2 and just let him play, you've gotta let him get some run. Terry could back up the 1&2. 

Melo 6'7"

Bouk 6'5"

PJ   6'9"

Kai 6'11"

Williams 7'2"

8 hours ago, rippadonn said:

He really got better in the GLeague. So much so because of his height, defense, his put back ability, blocking, ability to run the floor, his scoring ability he should be in the running for starting PF this season.

I'd move PJ to the 3 to let him dominate smaller forwards. PJ can guard those guys and he does have the feet to keep up and enough length to make it difficult for a 3 and he doesn't have to guard bigger guys night in night out.

I'd put Bouknight at the 2 and just let him play, you've gotta let him get some run. Terry could back up the 1&2. 

Melo 6'7"

Bouk 6'5"

PJ   6'9"

Kai 6'11"

Williams 7'2"

I love the potential size and athleticism. My only disagreement (which isn’t really a disagreement because I want Bouk to play way more) is I can’t see us sorting Rozier on the bench. He’s too good to do that to him. But Bouk needs more minutes. I could accept trading Rozier because I think it could make sense. But I have a hard time wrapping my mind around not starting him if he’s on the roster. 

Everything else I’m with you on entirely 

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I love the potential size and athleticism. My only disagreement (which isn’t really a disagreement because I want Bouk to play way more) is I can’t see us sorting Rozier on the bench. He’s too good to do that to him. But Bouk needs more minutes. I could accept trading Rozier because I think it could make sense. But I have a hard time wrapping my mind around not starting him if he’s on the roster. 

Everything else I’m with you on entirely 

They overpaid an undersized 2 guard who should be playing his natural position PG which is Melo's spot. Smh.

Instead of wasting money on bringing in Kemba or IT. Terry should play that role.