• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Athletics final beat writer mock draft

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, CanadianCat said:

I dont hate it. The guys at the top of the draft are exciting but never a sure thing. Also, if we draft a QB in the first round I'll buy the jersey and be their #1 fan.

Im so tired of the negativity here. I'll drink the cool-aid on any player we draft. LFG!!

We need more people like you around here. I’m on the same boat.  I have my preferences but will root for whoever is chosen. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Here is my plan for the Panthers draft in the first round. Unless one the top three tackles are there then trade back. You can still probably get Cross or Neal at 10. If they trade back to the early /mid teens select Kenyon Green from Texas AM. You would have a 10-15 year pro at the guard spot. The O-line will look like this: LT Christensen LG Green C Bozeman RG Corbett RT Moten..That is a stout oline that will be great for years to come. Please don't flame me too bad Panther fans..

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Link here (subscription required): Beat Writer Mock Draft 2.0

Person has us trading down with the Eagles and selecting Kenny Pickett.

15. Carolina Panthers (from MIA via PHI*): Kenny Pickett, QB, Pittsburgh

Joe Person: With the top three tackles off the board, the Panthers were able to trade back and potentially find a middle ground among what is said to be some differing opinions in the Carolina front office. Matt Rhule gets the most pro-ready QB in what looks like a win-now year for the former college coach (who had a commitment from Pickett at Temple). And with the 51st pick, GM Scott Fitterer should be able to get an offensive tackle with upside (like Bernhard Raimann or Tyler Smith) or a second-day center or linebacker. And David Tepper gets a QB from his alma mater. And though Fitterer and Rhule checked out Pickett’s small hands during his pro day, he’ll be playing in a warm-weather city in a division where the other teams either play indoors or in Florida.

FYI: In this scenario, we also get pick #51 to use on an offensive lineman. The Eagles take Georgia pass rusher Travon Walker at the #6 pick.

I don't want this pick, but I think that's where we are going to go. I'd rather see an OT (if available) or trade back and take Linderbaum. But you look at the number of Temple and Baylor guys that Rhule has brought here and see the connections with Pickett, and it just seems like this is a done deal. Will they trade back in hopes of getting him or will they pull the trigger at #6?

37 minutes ago, NavyVet said:

Here is my plan for the Panthers draft in the first round. Unless one the top three tackles are there then trade back. You can still probably get Cross or Neal at 10. If they trade back to the early /mid teens select Kenyon Green from Texas AM. You would have a 10-15 year pro at the guard spot. The O-line will look like this: LT Christensen LG Green C Bozeman RG Corbett RT Moten..That is a stout oline that will be great for years to come. Please don't flame me too bad Panther fans..

So in two years with limited picks we take three guards (Christensen and Brown) and have a gaping hole at LT? That is not smart. 

• Beer 1

Christensen natural position is LT. You can play him there or sign one of the vet LT free agents available...The Panthers need to get stronger up the middle. With Green,Bozeman and Corbett that would be fearsome. Plus the ability to run the football would be improved greatly. You build your football team first by establishing both lines.