• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold has no more excuses

ENCPantherfan2

Just now, frankw said:

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Yep. Compared to many problems dealt with in therapy, a case of seeing ghosts is not that tough. The problem is most athletes don't get the help they need. Tepper went partway there bringing in a therapist for the team but most players even like our own Steve Smith got help only after he hurt his own teammate.  This type of issue pales against the trauma many folks bring to the table.  The fact many folks get David Carred  is because they try to fix it on their own or hope it goes away.

3 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Yep. Compared to many problems dealt with in therapy, a case of seeing ghosts is not that tough. The problem is most athletes don't get the help they need. Tepper went partway there bringing in a therapist for the team but most players even like our own Steve Smith got help only after he hurt his own teammate.  This type of issue pales against the trauma many folks bring to the table.  The fact many folks get David Carred  is because they try to fix it on their own or hope it goes away.

I don't think Darnold has been David Carr'd because that would imply a steady decline. He's been the same all along. You can watch him play at USC or with the Jets or with us and see the same quarterback making the same mistakes regardless of the other variables around him.

20 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

His issues are mental not physical and yes they can be fixed. 

I really don't think so. He just doesn't see the field like a QB. He can't read and react. He tries to consciously think and that makes him too slow. After the snap you have to be done thinking. It's all instinct and reaction at that point. I don't think that's coachable. It's like trying to coach a RB to have better vision or a DB to have better balls skills. A guy either has it or he doesn't.

55 minutes ago, Waldo said:

The guy was crying on the field last year, I don't know how they don't do something during or after the draft.

He isn't a starter but he could be a backup. He will get another shot, just at a much lower pay and much less expectations.

Wasn't he crying while playing with a broken shoulder or when he broke his shoulder?

Just now, Catsfan69 said:

If the light turns on for him won't you be happy?

It probably won't happen but there's a chance  

Sam Darnold is another teams failure he is not our responsibility to wait around for the next however many years to see if he will ever not suck. I want to draft our own QB and start new. It is not a difficult concept.

Just now, frankw said:

Sam Darnold is another teams failure he is not our responsibility to wait around for the next however many years to see if he will ever not suck. I want to draft our own QB and start new. It is not a difficult concept.

And I only want to give him this year.

He's already paid for. Not movable and I'm not willing to take the dead cap.

He plays this year. Turns into a good QB or fails and we draft next year.

That being said if Strong or Howell are there in the 4th they better run to the podium. 

8 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Sam has lots of excuses, the biggest one being that he just sucks

Sam has issues and I view him as a bottom tier QB in the NFL.  Best suited for a backup role. The improved line should allow him to lookmarginally better but to think he is able to overcome his issues no matter what you put around him is not logical in my opinion. 

I think this is a long winded and more subtle way of saying I agree with your assessment.